Pioneer 111D won't read discs - have I killed it?

Got a bit of a problem with my Pioneer 111D (flashed to 111L with 8.29 firmware)

I started burning a cd-rw using imgburn when I realised I’d made a mistake and so stopped the burn. Imgburn was taking a long time to stop the process and I thought it had crashed so I shut it down manually. When I came to erase the disc imgburn had trouble reading it and I was again unable to shut down imgburn and so I had to reset the computer. After doing this the drive stopped functioning so I shut everything down and manually opened the drive to remove the cd-rw.

Now the drive opens and shuts and it shows up in device manager and windows explorer but when I insert a disc nothing happens and if I click on the drive it tells me to insert a disc. Clearly it isnt reading anything.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything under ATA/ATAPI controllers in device manager and also reinstalling the drive itself but nothing has helped so far.

One thing I did notice was that the quality of my burns had been getting a bit worse of late, and perhaps this was just the final straw that finished off an already unwell burner.

Before I go looking for a replacement is there anything else I could try to fix it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just plugged in my other burner as a stop-gap solution and it doesn’t read discs or show up in windoes explorer so it would appear to be a problem with windows xp as I know for certain that the burner works fine.

So, anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Try going into device manager, open the IDE channels tab, right click and uninstall the IDE channels, then let the PC reboot and reinstall the IDE channels again.

@ v0id,

Perchance don’t you already have a previous active “Have I killed my burner?” thread in the CD and DVD Burners Forum?

Suggests reviewing the Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html) and note the comments concerning Double Posting.

Regards,
bjkg

Sorry about that, I thought it would be more appropriate for this forum. Won’t happen again.

Thanks for the reply but I’ve already tried that and it didn’t help.

make sure you’re using a 80 wire ide cable with your drive. ide cables can fail after a period of time. buy a new 80 wire ide cable then see if it solves your problem. also try your 111L drive in another computer if the new ide cable doesn’t solve the problem.