Pioneer 111d read errors and other problems

hello:
I recently got a pioneer 111d dvd writer.

the first days all was nice…but recently am getting some dvd read errors
like (cyclic redundancy check) when trying to copy some data files from dvd to my pc…and the worst: the dvd wich has the files I was trying to copy is like new and other dvd readers can easily copy the data I want from it.

I have a mp3 benq dvd disc and I cannot copy some music files from it
whereas the dvd burners from all my fiends can easly read them all!

I also noticed that my dvd+rw although can be read cannot be erased
no matter what burning app could be using by example nero
‘‘this disc is not writable’’ or when I want to create a new session on a multi-session dvd+rw it says that the disc is not writabable.
looks like the laser lens are too weak…or maybe it is the time for my pioneer dvd111d to die?

CONCLUSION: READ PROBLEMS AND ERRORS

PLEASE HELP!!!

my system specs are

amd athlon 64 3700+
asus a8n32-sli deluxe
160GB <HD IDE
GEFORCE 7600GT 256MG GDDR3
1GIG CORSAIR XMS 2.3.3.6 CL 2

If your friends burners can read the disc (using the save software), then I would have to say your burner is not up to par. Make sure you are using the same software and version that they are using, before you determine it is your drive. I would even go as far as removing the drive from your system, and have your friend put the drive in their system and see if it behaves the same way.

Yes, also try with a new 80-wire (Ultra ATA 66/100/133) ribbon cable and jumper set to Master first.

hello:

following your advices, I was in one of my friends house and, of course, the problem persists.

my asus board ide cables are 80p´so even inmaster settings things are the same.

well looks like my drive is damaged.