Pioneer 111d - Help me I am cracking up

vbimport

Dear All
Please help me I am going nuts.
Replaced my LG DL burner ( which burnt DL with most media very well0with a Pioneer 111d. I tested it prior to flashing firmware and it burnt Ridisc 2.4 DL with 80% success rate.
I flahsed it to 111L 8.26. ( not in safe mode) It seemed to be doing all the things it a 111L was supposed to do ( Labelflash, DVD Ram write) but am getting almost 100% failure rate on DL media.
I usaully use Imgburn ( same results with Nero 7 as well)I have tried Ridisc 2.4X and Ritek8X ( is only recognised as 2.4X) and have had 1 succesfull burn out of 20 . Ordered some Aone 8X as a lot of reviews gave it 5 stars with 111d. Although it burns at4x 6x and 8x it still fails at layer break.
I tried re-flashing in safe mode to 8.29, and tried another Aone. This time it burnt to the end but failed at Finalisng disc around 59% saying something like ’ could not finlaise due to media read position)
I have a 80 pin Ide, DMA is st UDMA4, Win XP 64, Gigabyte K8N ( Nivida drivers) .
Can anyone help me?
Also please find attached a error log for Ritek I think although it shows up
as a Ricoh.
Many thanks
Filmbuff

The 111L should burn Verbatim +R DL media pretty well. As for Ridisc & Ritek well it’s very hit & miss with inferior media like this.

@ Filmbuff –

Welcome to the Forum.

As of this date/time the only DL Media that consistently provides error free results is Verbatim +R DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.

Aone Media? Suggest using DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) and provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of this particular blank DVD Media. The MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) is the way that DVD Media is identified. Stating you are using Aone, Ridisc, Ritek doesn’t definitively identify the DVD Media – the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) is manner in which DVD Media is identified.

In your above initial posting the blank DVD Media you mention using is not noted as being the preferred Media to obtain consistent error free results especially for DL Media.

To obtain information on Media that consistently provides error free results suggests visiting the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for your qucik response.
The error log idenetifies the destination media as
(Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-02) . Is this same as MID?
Also how does resetting DMA file work? Do I just download fle in link?
Do you still think this may be DMA related even though WinXp shows DMA at UDMA 4?
Is it worth removing Nividia IDE drivers?
Filmbuff

Your DMA mode is fine.

It’s just the media.

21:21:46 Retry Failed - Invalid Address For Write
E 21:21:47 Failed to Write Sectors 2019248 - 2019279 - Power Calibration Area Error
I 21:21:47 Synchronising Cache…
I 21:21:48 Closing Track…
I 21:21:50 Finalising Disc…
W 21:22:26 Potential ‘WaitImmediateIO’ Deferred Error - (1/2) - Power Calibration Area Error
W 21:22:49 Potential ‘WaitImmediateIO’ Deferred Error - (1/2) - Power Calibration Area Error
E 21:22:51 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

Just use Verbatim DL.