Pioneer 111D (dvr 710)can't even read sony dvds

Hey I’m having a weird problem. All of a sudden the pursuit of happiness movie won’t even read when i stick it in the tray. It just sits there and when i go into windows explorer and click on my dvd drive. it doesn’t do anything. is there a fix for this because i can stick other movies in there and it works.

Btw. i updated to 1.28 or 1.29 w/e one is the sept. 2006 firmware update. so it’s not that. this bugs me!

@ drxfactr,

This is not an unusual problem for Sony released Commercial DVD Movies. This problem is cause by the absurd Copy Protection scheme used by Sony. The absurd Copy Protection scheme employed by Sony prevents many users from legitimately viewing Sony released Commercial DVD Movies in their computer DVD devices. Your problem has nothing to do with your Pioneer DVR-111D but is solely related to Copy Protection scheme employed by Sony released Commercial DVD Movies.

This particular viewing problem concerning Sony released Commercial DVD Movies is a well-discussed topic in the CDFreaks Copy DVD Movie Forum.

By law any Commercial DVD Movie that contains the DVD Logo is required to play on any DVD device that contains the DVD Logo. By definition your particular Sony released Commercial DVD Movie is defective and your only remedy is to return the particular defective Sony released Commercial DVD Movie and demand a refund.

Regards,
bjkg