Pioneer 111 not reading or burningDVD

vbimport

I’ve installed a Pioneer 111 into my existing PC. The pc originally came with a generic dvd+r, that I replaced with an existing Pioneer 105.

The 105 gave up the ghost for burning (or so I thought) and I replaced this with the 111. When I now try to insert a DVD (doesn’t matter whether it is production or burned it will not recognise it.

It will only recognise cd’s. The original 105 has subsequently been put into a spare pc and work fine. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be. I have had to restore the pc previously using the rescue disks, but I wouldn’t imagine that this should affect things (or what it could affect).

Help???

@ madball1987,

Welcome to the Forum.

For the Pioneer DVR-111 to function correctly requires the use of an Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable. Suggest insuring that you have your Pioneer DVR-111 installed correctly using an Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable.

The below Web Link explains the difference between a Standard (40-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable and an Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable ->

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately I am already using a Ultra DMA cable. I read somewhere else about removing the IDE channel from the device manager and letting the system find it again on re-boot… thoughts?

That’s always worth a try.

Also not all motherboards detect new devices properly so you might have to go into the BIOS & Detect hard drives or some such similar phrase. My old Gigabyte needs this done.

Yep, definitely check out the BIOS settings.
Some older mobos even dont allow UDMA4 for optical drives.