Pioneer 110D strange dvd-r problem

hey,

Currently RPC1 with Bitsetting firmware based on 1.22 (Synthesized from 8.22)

Can burn DVD+R DL no problem

Can burn CD-R no problem.

DVD-R fails every single time using nero.
(TTH02) media.

http://members.ii.net/~tfroggydawg/Log.txt
log of it failing here.

tried changing it from slave to master, checked dma was enabled.

no idea whats happening.

:frowning:

DMA is not enough.
If it is not in [B]UDMA4 mode[/B] then you have the answer.

Its on UDMA5 at the moment.

should I change it?

Nope, it cannot be on UDMA5!

UDMA5 is for harddisks.

did you try burning other media?
did you try burning it at a slower speed?

i initially had my pio on slave and had no burn problems.

I had tried burning slower and it still kept failing.

Tried it on slowest speed and it worked.

so lame maybe I have fake TDK madia or something.

TTH02 is not good media.
Try Verbatim (MCC 03RG20) or Taiyo Yuden. :slight_smile:

TTH02 is NOT bad media!!! At least, Pio can write them with no problems. Of cource it can be a fake TTH.

Does it fail in a concrete place of a dvd? Or by random?

JIG66666 -

There is DVD Media available with TTH02 MID Code, which is not actually manufactured by TDK, which has proven to be problematic poor quality media.

BeLooken

Fails not long after it starts writing every time on anything higher then 4X it seems.

A TDK cd burned ta 40X no problem.

A TDK cd burned ta 40X no problem.

CDs and DVDs burning are 2 huge differences :wink: Sometimes when the laser is deffective, the drive cannot read DVDs at all, but CDs can read GREATLY! The same with writing.

Try to burn 2-3 dvds @the same speed (12x, for example) using NERO CD-DVD SPEED. Save the graphs and post here.

2BeLooken: and who can make it else? CMC? CMC dvd is also not a big trouble for 111. But if it is a FAKE TTH made by SunjHuyVChai Inc. or KomutoHerovato Ltd. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:, it of course can fail easily.
And I don’t think that the fake TTH02s can be used by such manufacturers as TDK, Verbatim, Sony, Maxell, Fujifilm etc.

JIG66666 -

Concerning TTH02 MID Code Media ->

Sometime ago in the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum and in a couple of the CD Freaks DVD Burner specific Forums there was discussions concerning substandard problematic DVD Media with TTH02 MID Code that were not manufactured by TDK.

I am quite sure you could conduct a Forum search for “TTH02” and do some simple research and come with information on who besides TDK manufactures DVD Media with TTH02 MID Code.

Anyway the general conscious from knowledgeable informed Forum Members was that TTH02 MID Code Media was considered problematic DVD Media and should be avoided. If you are looking for “Documented Proof” of the poor performance of TTH02 MID Code Media if I remember correctly there were some Nero CD-DVD Speed Quality Scans posted of TTH02 MID Code Media that were not very impressive.

I for one have leaned my lesson and now only use known proven quality Taiyo Yuden TYG02/TYG03 or Verbatim MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media and don’t have any Media related problems. Quality proven DVD Media isn’t that more expensive that the cheap substandard problematic DVD Media so why waste your time attempting to save a couple of pennies.

BeLooken