Pioneer 109: resolved problems but interested in firmware flashing

vbimport

Hello,

I’m 37, female, and in Okinawa Japan (USARMY) until June 7th. Since I don’t imagine you really want to know my likes and dislikes (at least not of a personal nature) I’ll tell you why I’m here.
I’m here because I own a RB-53 Sony Vaio desktop with a Pioneer DVR-109(black). I just downloaded and installed XP SP3. In my preparations to venture into the brand new SP, I tried to burn some of my utilities to put on my laptop in case anything went wrong. It’s been nine hours since the install and everything is still up (keeping fingers crossed).
The thing is, my DVR wouldn’t recognize the blank CDR in the CD Writer Wizard.
So I went looking for reasons. I found there is a firmware upgrade for my DVR. I found a bunch of How-to’s on flashing and discovered the only place on the internet with flashing software is rpc1.org. I also discovered I CAN’T access rpc1.org and this was the only site I found (that I COULD access) that had any information on why I couldn’t get to rpc1.org.
So, I registered here and am now in the wonderful world of ‘region-lock’, ‘firmware’, and ‘flashers’. None of which do I have any evperience with whatsoever. (Well, I have flashed system BIOS’s before, but the last time was on a WIN2k system.)
So, that’s me in a nutshell. Thank you for reading.

PS: my original problem with the CD Writer Wizard continued after the install and then spontaneously ‘fixed’ itself after restarting my computer several times. Isn’t that always the way?

[QUOTE=glenda;2053231]Hello,

I’m 37, female, and in Okinawa Japan (USARMY) until June 7th. Since I don’t imagine you really want to know my likes and dislikes (at least not of a personal nature) I’ll tell you why I’m here.
I’m here because I own a RB-53 Sony Vaio desktop with a Pioneer DVR-109(black). I just downloaded and installed XP SP3. In my preparations to venture into the brand new SP, I tried to burn some of my utilities to put on my laptop in case anything went wrong. It’s been nine hours since the install and everything is still up (keeping fingers crossed).
The thing is, my DVR wouldn’t recognize the blank CDR in the CD Writer Wizard.
So I went looking for reasons. I found there is a firmware upgrade for my DVR. I found a bunch of How-to’s on flashing and discovered the only place on the internet with flashing software is rpc1.org. I also discovered I CAN’T access rpc1.org and this was the only site I found (that I COULD access) that had any information on why I couldn’t get to rpc1.org.
So, I registered here and am now in the wonderful world of ‘region-lock’, ‘firmware’, and ‘flashers’. None of which do I have any evperience with whatsoever. (Well, I have flashed system BIOS’s before, but the last time was on a WIN2k system.)
So, that’s me in a nutshell. Thank you for reading.

PS: my original problem with the CD Writer Wizard continued after the install and then spontaneously ‘fixed’ itself after restarting my computer several times. Isn’t that always the way?[/QUOTE]

Hi Glenda, Welcome to the forum. A few reboots sometimes works wonders…LOL. Here is a mirror link here on CD FREAKS for rpc1.org while the main site is down:http://codeworks.cdfreaks.com/cgmirror/index.html

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2053237]Hi Glenda, Welcome to the forum. A few reboots sometimes works wonders…LOL. Here is a mirror link here on CD FREAKS for rpc1.org while the main site is down:http://codeworks.cdfreaks.com/cgmirror/index.html[/QUOTE]glenda has a Pioneer drive and rpc1 is down…mirror is no good to her. It only has LO and Sammy stuff on it.

And pardon my manners Welcome to CDF’s glenda.

[QUOTE=Bob;2053239]glenda has a Pioneer drive and rpc1 is down…mirror is no good to her. It only has LO and Sammy stuff on it.

And pardon my manners Welcome to CDF’s glenda.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just remembered C0deKings link when rpc1.org was down thought his mirror had more working links than just his.:doh:

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2053241]Sorry, just remembered C0deKings link when rpc1.org was down thought his mirror had more working links than just his.:doh:[/QUOTE]yeah best thing for glenda to do is to post in the Pioneer forum and maybe someone will have what she wants but not sure it will help.

Problem looks to be resolved, but moved to Pioneer forum from the “Say Hi…” thread.