Pioneer 109 does 6X DL Burn!

vbimport

Firmware 1.09 Media MKM001
6X burn, 6892Mb, burn time 16:35

Pretty acceptable for overburning 2.4X media to 6X :iagree:

The above disc scans error free.

Nice DL scan. :iagree:

**off topic: Jack… you wouldn’t have any other SL scans from your 109 would you? I’d like to see some.

i think only MKM001 can do that.
other DL media still not possible to do at 6x, not even 4x

@JACK

nice. DL+9 booktyped to dvd-rom :iagree:

Toshiba 5X DVD+R DL writing gets knocked to the side. :):stuck_out_tongue:

I have already posted some in this section of the forum, under other Pioneer 109 related topics.

Yeah I’ve found some of them since posting that. Thanks.

That looks just GREAT!

Thanks for posting, Jack.

:eek: MKM001 truely is the best, able to overspeed at 6X is incredible!!1 Damn I wish they were affordable like .80 per disc!!!

MKM001 is amazing. haven’t tried other DL discs, but i’ve burned 3 Verbatims at 4X with great success.

now there are 2 drives capable of 6X +R DL…hopefully this will help bring prices down.

When new pioneer 108 came out they had list of media they rec and they said to use verbratium 2.4x dvd +dl to burn at 4x, it maybe do 6 in 109, they also told you vebratium 8x media will burn at 12 so i guess the new verbratium 12x will do 16, but anyhow times have changed and they also do 16x media now but why should i pay nearly 2x price for 16x media if i can burn datawrites premium (greytops) 8x at 16x in 6m 30secs and have no playback issues in any players i have tried, i am not interested in scans and jacking of to results, i simple burn and if it plays back its fine, you soon know if its corrupt when you can get data back from it esp mp3 (tend to be suseptable to this).

I think i stick to my nice well priced datawrites 8x till 16x is same price, i had to order some verbratium dl media and its £4.99 each but down from £9.99, even so i had order online so i think i do simulation first at 4 time on my 108 lol.

When new pioneer 108 came out they had list of media they rec and they said to use verbratium 2.4x dvd +dl to burn at 4x, it maybe do 6 in 109, they also told you vebratium 8x media will burn at 12 so i guess the new verbratium 12x will do 16, but anyhow times have changed and they also do 16x media now but why should i pay nearly 2x price for 16x media if i can burn datawrites premium (greytops) 8x at 16x in 6m 30secs and have no playback issues in any players i have tried, i am not interested in scans and jacking of to results, i simple burn and if it plays back its fine, you soon know if its corrupt when you can get data back from it esp mp3 (tend to be suseptable to this).

I think i stick to my nice well priced datawrites 8x till 16x is same price, i had to order some verbratium dl media and its £4.99 each but down from £9.99, even so i had order online so i think i do simulation first at 4 time on my 108 lol.

I said i wouldnt buy a 109 but i can get one for nothing if i want, so i wait and see near future firmwares and what they bring, but id like the nice read speeds the new not released yet NEC 3530 has, a drive that can write at 16x should be able to read at 16x on -/+.

I bought some Ridisc DLs (Ritek D01) for £2.50 here in Ayrshire, from the Ink Depot. There only 2.4x though…

All DL media with Ritek MID is low-grade compared to the Verbatim/Philips ones (MKM 001 MID) which are the quasi-standard and recommended & supported by any DL burner.