Pioneer 108, trouble detecting dvd's

Hi I have a Pioneer 108 which came in an advent t11 computer and at the moment it is having some trouble detecting dvd discs that I have made and which I know work, sometimes it will detect them and sometimes it wont. I thought that maybe I should update the firmware to 1.20 (my firmware is currently 1.18) but when I try to do that it says target not found. I think it might have something to do with it being in a t11 computer as I read someone had a similar problem, but they also said advent gave them no help with it. If anyone can help me I would be grateful
Merry Christmas

Hi, new firmware, although good to update to the latest available for this older drive, might not solve your problem. It could be a case of the laser getting weaker with age or the lens becoming dirty. If the same type of discs worked well before, these could be the reasons for what you’re seeing. If on the other hand you are using a newer type of discs, it could help to update the firmware. Or you could go back to or try to find a disc type that worked better with your drive. Have you tried flashing it in Windows’ Safe Mode? If it’s really OEM firmware on there, you’ll need DVRFlash and a kernel file to convert it to official Pioneer firmware (off the top of my head, I’m sure you’ll find more info if you Search for your drive model in the Asus/Pioneer forum).
Merry Christmas too :slight_smile:

Clean the drive/lens, flashing another firmware will not help.