Thanks for sticking with this.
I used Nero Tools to do the speed check. This is what is so confusing.
Nero and DVDInfo Pro, both recognise the Drive and that it contains either
DVDR or RW media. I have tried Alcohol 120, DVD Decrypter, DVD santa
As soon as I installed the drive I went to Pioneer and installed the latest
At the weekend I completely disconected the drive, started up, closed down, reconnected, and started up again. No change. I checked the Bios and the drive is in their as the Master on the Secondary IDE. My two HDD are on the Primary.
The drive was made November 2004.
I have been on 4 different forums, the number of people who seem to having
the same, or similar problems is worrying as I have not found one that has been sorted.
On a different note, do you know how to add a link to another post, or website.