I have flashed the 108 with the v1.14 (2004.10.25) by >NIL and I've region free'd my 108 and have been able to burn at higher speeds on 4x Media (about 7mins for a burn with Nero) but so far it's still taking 40+mins to rip a DVD using dvdshrink.
Things I've done to try and fix this -
* Of course flashed the drive to v1.14 from >NIL
* I'm using a 80 Wire IDE, drive is secondary master.
* Secondary IDE channel is running in DMA mode both in BIOS and Device Manager (device 0 is Ultra DMA 3, device 1 is Multi-Word DMA Mode 2)
* I've updated the VIA 4in1 drivers.
* I've installed the Adaptec ASPI ver 4.60
My speeds tend to start of slow (around 1,500 kb/s) and don't peak beyond 2,700 kb/s. The only exception was First Blood (RAMBO) which hit around 5,000 not long into the rip (I canned this at that point as I was just testing).
I'm currently ripping some Yoga DVD for my g/f and it's peaking at 1,800... DVD's such as Indiana Jones and Bourne Identity have peaked at the 2,500 mark.
Does anyone have any idea how to increase this if possible. Perhaps using alternate software etc?
Thanks in advance