Pioneer 107D and Verbatim 8x DVD+R

If you are using a Pioneer 107D and Verbatim 8x DVD+R media to burn a DVD in nero xpress is there any special settings for it to be compatible with most stand alone DVD players or do you just burn it exactly the same as -R media

many thanks

No special settings as far as I know,when you are prompted for your media,and after the disc is loaded,it will show you how fast it’s gonna burn,and at that point let her rip. I hope I’ve helped you,if you want to be more specific ,please write again…
:cool:

I’ve burned a few Verbatim DVD+R 8x disks now and have found the best quality appears to be from Nero burned at 8x.

KProbe scans are here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90257

These disks are the best that I have tried so far.

Marco.

Works very good here. :iagree:

Just check out my review.

Hello everybody.

I’m glad anybody here can burn Verbatim 8x DVD+R discs with the 107D. I 'm really glad for you. But I can’t. I’m already annoying people here and there with my problem, but I won’t be quiet until it is solved. Let’s come to the point.

I have the 107D, originally with original 1.09 firmware, now with patched 1.18 firmware. I bought these Verbatim DVD-R 8x and DVD+R 8x . My system CAN handle that writing speeds (please don’t tell me to enable DMA and check HDD speeds: such settings ar just OK and I could already write and rewrite a TDK 4x DVD+RW at 4x without a glitch while doing a couple other things with my HDD’s).

So why my 107D cannot burn them any faster than the slowest speed, that is 1x for the DVD-R’s and 2,4x for the DVD+R’s?

At the very beginning of the burning process, DVDDecrypter 3.5.1.0 writes

W 01:37:52 [2:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D 1.18 (M:) (SCSI) - Selected Write Speed: 11.080 KB/s (8x)
W 01:37:52 [2:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D 1.18 (M:) (SCSI) - Actual Write Speed: 1.385 KB/s (1x)

Is there any way to understand if the discs I bought are fake, even when DVDDecrypter reports the following info about media?

Current Profile: DVD-R
Supported Write Speeds: 1x; 2x; 4x; 6x; 8x
Manufacturer ID: TYG02
Book Type: DVD-R

and

Current Profile: DVD+R
Supported Write Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x
Disc ID: YUDEN000-T02-00
Book Type: DVD+R

Thank you for any reply
/\iki//eko

try using dvd identifier for detecting you media
i have some verbatim dvd+r 8x here but they’re not from TY

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-003-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [003]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Disc Application Code : [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

and i’m able to burn them in 8x with no problems with firmware 1.13 and lower but if i updated to any higher firmware i still can burn in 8x but i only get coasters
i’ve had some YUDEN000-T02-00 when i bought the 107d and didn’t get any problems with them but i didn’t get to test with the newer firmware that were released

The most important thing is to not use Nero for burning DVD-VIDEO discs.

Use a reliable software like ImgToolBurn.

Do you mean that what DVDDecrypter reports could be wrong? :rolleyes:
I will try DVD Identifier then!!

And I will try original firmware 1.13 as well! Now I’m ready to do anything! :a

:Z

Thank you for your reply!
/\iki//eko