Pioneer 107

vbimport

had the 107 for a couple of days now and it’s well worth the money as the pioneers always are.Just one little problem i bought some datasafe ritek 8x discs but they will only burn at 4x.Has anybody been able to burn at 8x on the 107 if you have could you let me know what discs they are it would be very much appreciated

I too have bought the Pioneer 107 and it’s a good unit. I also bought Nero 6 and Infniti 8x DVD+R discs but can not for some reason burn at 8x speed.

If anyone can advise where I am going wrong - please do let me know!!:confused:

Have you updated the Nero software to the latest release?

these 8x discs is not yet supported at 8x with this drive.

You have to wait for a firmware upgrade for it.

The only discs I’ve been able to write at 8x is Mitsubishi/verbatim 8x.

Apparently with the latest patch of Nero you can burn 4x Verbatim at 8x with a 107 :bigsmile:

If so you must have another media type or another firmware version than the one I have.

It’s still 4x for all 4x media here.

Originally posted by Bagbug2
Apparently with the latest patch of Nero you can burn 4x Verbatim at 8x with a 107 :bigsmile:

Okay… but what about the quality of such a burnt disc? Burning might go fine, but reading can be another problem…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
Okay… but what about the quality of such a burnt disc? Burning might go fine, but reading can be another problem…

whats the point of telling everyone that you can burn 4x Verbatim @ 8x if they are coasters ? :wink:

Please explain it to me !

Originally posted by Bagbug2
[B]whats the point of telling everyone that you can burn 4x Verbatim @ 8x if they are coasters ? :wink:

Please explain it to me ! [/B]

I’m not saying that they are coasters, but it could well be that the error rates get pretty high, resulting in a disc that can be read by few players or only at lower speeds…

Hi everybody, you should try this new firmware for Pioneer DVR-107. It has been patched by NIL and allows 12X rip speed for DVD Videos!!!:slight_smile:
All your DVD-R media can be written at 8X speed now but it is not adviced to burn 2X speed media at 8X. You might destroy your Drive or your media. You’re Warned!!! The guarantee of your drive will be void!!!

Find it here: http://forum.firmware-flash.com/viewtopic.php?t=22443

or here: http://flashman.rpc-1.com/Firmware/PIONEER/DVR-107D/Patched/DVR-107Dv1.05_RPC-1+12xRip+8xDVD-R_WINDOWS_XP.zip <— Do read the instructions on how to flash.

Enjoy :slight_smile: :smiley: :bigsmile:

For you guys that burnt @ 8X, how many zone changes are there before it reaches 8X?

Does it go from 6X to 8X?

Yes there is only two zones. 6x and 8x.

Time for a burn: 8min 35 sec - about as fast as a Lite-On LDW-811S or 40 seconds slower than a Plextor PX-708A but still a minute faster than a NEC ND-2500A.

Originally posted by ryus
[B]For you guys that burnt @ 8X, how many zone changes are there before it reaches 8X?

Does it go from 6X to 8X? [/B]

I burn my 4X DVD-R Memorex media at 8X in only 8min 00sec. There are 2 zones: 6X and 8X. Media code is CMCMAG AF1.:slight_smile:

thanx for the thread i flashed it last night i can now burn at 8x with no coasters very much appreciated it now takes 7 mins and 45 secs to burn which is spot on thanx titi :bow:

The lowest time I’m able to get is around 8min 31 seconds…

That is for a 100% full disc. it uses about 25 seconds on calibrating before starting to write

I have just burnt another one and this time it took 7mins and 54 seconds. It was for a full 100% disc from start to finish. It must be how much data is on the disc at the time of the burn. This one that i have just done was as full as it could be,could also be what programs are used For the first one i used nero which i don’t normally use For the second one i used stomp record max now which is what i normally use all the time. I am just happy that i can write at 8x no matter how long it takes:)

OC-Freak,

Your first impressions are favoring the Pioneer 07 or the Nec 2500???

so far: NEC ND-2500A (due to slightly better write quality (for me at least) and less noise).

But with the modified firmware the Pioneer is sweet at writing some cheap 4x discs at 8x :wink:

The firmware of my A107 is 1.05 and i use princo dvdr’s(-) 1-4x.The nero 6.3.0.3 that i have allows me to write it with max 4x.How can i write them with 8x??I must change my firmware to do this??