Pioneer 107 Or A07?

vbimport

Now that the Pioneer 8x 107 OEM model has been released, I was wondering if there was any reason to wait for the retail version (A07) of this product?

I know in general that the Retail versions tend to be boxed with media, and cables, etc.

But is there any reason to hold out for the A07? Maybe better firmware support or better quality parts?

Would appreciate any comments on this.

Is the older A06 the EXACT same drive as the 106 model?

the A07 was released too, it’s available in many stores like this one for example. It seems that there are some versions of the A07 that have a metallic front.

Thanks for the tip. But what I was wondering specifically if there is any difference in the drive internally between the OEM vs the Retail models.

Originally posted by N3X6
Thanks for the tip. But what I was wondering specifically if there is any difference in the drive internally between the OEM vs the Retail models.

Nope, it just means a retailer can buy volumes of the drive and sell them at a cheaper rate.

Go OEM.

The Retail version has a software DVD with stripped down Ulead stuff, and a dinky Drive manual.

That is IT.

I’m going to ask a daft question then: I received a OEM Pioneer 107 today (UK) and it has 1.05 firmware on it - but as its the OEM version I expected the drive itself to have 107D on it - yet it has written on it A07 ? Do all the drives have A07 written on the drive themselves or do I have a retail drive without the retail pack ?

I’m not that bothered either way - just for interest.

thanks, Mark.

My drive came with firmware 1.03. Hmmm…wonder when the new ones will hit the net.

What did your drive have written on it if you don’ t mind me asking ? 107D or A07 ?

Apparently Pioneer are releasing some new firmware soon ?

Mark.

The one I received (Canada) had 107D on it, with firmware 1.05, with a manufacture date of December 2003.

Then you got a A07 I think :slight_smile: OEM’ed by having software stripped away. Difference is insignificant as hardware performance is considered. At least thats how it used to be, who knows how it is now.