Previously, my 107 was burning just fine (even at 8x with 1.10 hack) Now, it burns at 1.4X, and the device buffer fluctuates between 20-100% during the entire burn. I tried changing back to the official 1.10, with the same results.
The only thing I've changed is my main hard drive. My 45 gig IBM Deathstar crashed and I replaced it with a 200 gig Western Digital (2000JB) I have freshly installed windows on the new drive, and I'm not using the Nvidia SW IDE drivers which gave me trouble when I originally got the drive. I'm sure it has to be a software/driver issue, because I'm still burning off of my WD 100 gig drive as I was before.
Oh, and I'm using DVD Decrypter to burn.
Athlon Xp 1700
WD 200gig ( 8 meg cache)
Abit NF7-S motherboard
Pioneer DVR-107 with official 1.10 firmware.