Pio DVR-112L - Very slow Reads/Verify

Hello. My Pioneer DVR-112d crossflashed to DVR-112L 8.25, is burning very very well. However, It is reading discs extremely slow, and after burning using ImgBurn, it is very very slow in verifying the disc burnt.

Anyone having trouble with this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

@ BoSox2882,

Perchance have you installed the MCSE “Increase Read Speed” Firmware patch?

Regards,
bjkg

Reading speed depends also on the mediatype and its quality/content.

could also be that you have somehow slipped back into the PIO mode

I have patched the read speed. I will check and see if I am in PIO mode.

Would being in Pio mode effect burning? Cause my burns/scans are tremendous. Right around 4000 pie, 120 pif, and jitter under 8.

@ BoSox2882,

Most defiantly havening the Pioneer DVR112L operating in the PIO Mode instead of the Ultra DMA Mode 4 will adversely affect the performance and functioning of the Pioneer DVR112L.

Also have you ensured that you are using known proven quality Media? Using poor quality Media will adversely affect the Reading and Verifying speed of data burned to poor quality Media.

Regards,
bjkg

Yes, I am using Verbatim DVD+R MCC 004.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2019096]I have patched the read speed. I will check and see if I am in PIO mode.

Would being in Pio mode effect burning? [B]Cause my burns/scans are tremendous. Right around 4000 pie, 120 pif, and jitter under 8.[/B][/QUOTE]

Scanned with which drive??

The scans are done on my LiteOn 6s which is set at slave on the same cable. The LiteOn has no problems ripping or verifying.