Pio DVR-112L - Dual Layer comparisons

I just wanted to post some of my dual layer scans here, and hopefully some others will post their dual layer scans using the Pioneer DVR-112L. I just wanna see how they compare. In limited work, it appears this drive gets quite good results burning at 4X for DVD+R DL. Not so good on 2.4 and 6X.

Lite-On’s are too “kind” when doing disc quality scans in my experience so a comparison with for example a Benq 1620/40/50 or a Samsung 203B/N won’t give a fair result.

It’s impossible to get that low amount of PIF when scanning on a Benq 1640 on a dual layer media regardless of burn quality.

deleted

so of mine scans :

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pio-112d-craps-layer-2-mkm-003-a-239724/

@BoSox2882: i dont agree on that burning that media @ 4x & scanning @ 4x.

burn @ 6x & scan @ 8x & post results :iagree:

[QUOTE=zeldorf;2018101]Lite-On’s are too “kind” when doing disc quality scans in my experience so a comparison with for example a Benq 1620/40/50 or a Samsung 203B/N won’t give a fair result.

It’s impossible to get that low amount of PIF when scanning on a Benq 1640 on a dual layer media regardless of burn quality.[/QUOTE]

Actually I feel like with a BenQ 1640 on MKM 001 the scan is too harsh I mean a 1640 will show almost a horrible scan but the disk can be an excellent burn so I use my BenQ on SL mostly & 20A4P on both. I do like the Jitter scan on the second layer on DL in which you don't get w/Lite-on