Pio 112D Craps Layer 2 in MKM 003 :(

vbimport

Burnt these from a New MKM 003 Verb 8x MIS

Burnt @ 6x,Scanned on BenQ 1650 @ 8x :iagree:

I get Identical Results :a

wats going wrong ?

I’m not big with BenQ (8ECC) scans, but that looks OK to me.

I always get a little more PIE/PIF on the second layer of even Verbie DL discs. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2005370]I’m not big with BenQ (8ECC) scans, but that looks OK to me.

I always get a little more PIE/PIF on the second layer of even Verbie DL discs. :)[/QUOTE]

First Layer Burns Are Sweet :flower:

2nd Layer tends to crap up :sad:

i am suing the F/W that came with the Pio 112D

should i flash to something else ?

Some More Results:

Your “crap” is what I’d call two very good DL burns. :wink:

You got to be kidding right? :rolleyes:

Did you even try to play the discs back?

[QUOTE=achemen;2005378]First Layer Burns Are Sweet :flower:

2nd Layer tends to crap up :sad:

i am suing the F/W that came with the Pio 112D

should i flash to something else ?[/QUOTE]

I agree with the others, your burns are not crap. Try a TRT and some playback; if it passes both with flying colours then you have nothing to worry about. :wink:

If you’re looking at the Quality Score, don’t. Ignore it. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I gotta say, those look like two really nice burns. I haven’t seen too many better than that. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking YOU’RE thinking that the second layer should be as good as the first layer. Nope. Always gets a bit worse. Just how much worse it gets is important, and, in your case, it doesn’t get much worse at all. Seriously. :iagree:

These are two very good burns :slight_smile:

Yes, these aren’t bad you can’t compare these to YUDEN000T02 scans because they won’t compare. I’ve just come to realize that MKM00x is good media for dvd backups it just doesn’t scan so goos sometimes but I truly think it is a fault in DL scanning because they do last & playback very well.

Worried about the PIE :frowning: dont know why there is so much spiking with such good media

PIE is just fine for the last burn, as it is with your other burns, IMO. :wink:

Please listen to what myself and others have said about the second layer.

Really, your PIE is VERY good! PIE will ALWAYS increase at the layer break.

What you have there is good for a lot of SINGLE layer discs. :iagree:

Jitter looks great for a BenQ scan. PIE looks great for a BenQ scan. PIF looks great for a BenQ scan. Basically, you have a really good to great burn.

If you don’t believe us, look through these threads to see how other burns on DL media have turned out [keep in mind that different drives never scan exactly the same, and that different manufacturers’ drives scan differently from one another oftentimes]:

MKM DVD+R DL
CMC DVD+R DL
RiTEK DVD+R DL
RICOH DVD+R DL
Fake RICOH DVD+R DL

I hope that, after looking at those other scans, you realize you have some of the BETTER/BEST scans out there. :iagree: I’m pretty sure those discs would play in a lot of drives/devices. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=achemen;2006029]Worried about the PIE :frowning: dont know why there is so much spiking with such good media…[/QUOTE]Perfect DL burns. :iagree:

You can have PI eror spikes hitting 300-400 on second layer and the DL disc will still play well on most standalones. (Some of my MKM001 8x burns reach 600 without playback problems.)

…I’m pretty sure those discs would play in a lot of drives/devices. :slight_smile:
:iagree:

[QUOTE=Albert;2006104]Really, your PIE is VERY good! PIE will ALWAYS increase at the layer break.

What you have there is good for a lot of SINGLE layer discs. :iagree:

Jitter looks great for a BenQ scan. PIE looks great for a BenQ scan. PIF looks great for a BenQ scan. Basically, you have a really good to great burn.

If you don’t believe us, look through these threads to see how other burns on DL media have turned out [keep in mind that different drives never scan exactly the same, and that different manufacturers’ drives scan differently from one another oftentimes]:

MKM DVD+R DL
CMC DVD+R DL
RiTEK DVD+R DL
RICOH DVD+R DL
Fake RICOH DVD+R DL

I hope that, after looking at those other scans, you realize you have some of the BETTER/BEST scans out there. :iagree: I’m pretty sure those discs would play in a lot of drives/devices. :)[/QUOTE]

thnx :clap::clap:

i was Worried If Spending A Premium on this media was All Worth :doh: these are more Expensive than MKM 001,i wanted Sure Shot MIS Disc so went for this :iagree:

also i got my pio 112D Just for DL burning :iagree: so happy some justice is made :smiley:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2006125]Perfect DL burns. :iagree:

You can have PI eror spikes hitting 300-400 on second layer and the DL disc will still play well on most standalones. (Some of my MKM001 8x burns reach 600 without playback problems.):iagree:[/QUOTE]

thnx pinto for ur advice,its always great to hear from u :bow: