Pinnacle Studio 12

vbimport

Hi Everyone,
I have tried for the first time to transfer my vhs files to my computer with Pinnacle Studio 12 Dazzle Video Creator Plus. I have already transfered my files with ease…However…the files are HUGE!!
Does anyone know if in the program itself when I capture the video, I can make the files smaller??? Or how I can make the files smaller and maintain the quality of the video??
Thanks in advance for everyone’s help.

Hi kdochuk & welcome:

how I can make the files smaller and maintain the quality of the video??

Making files smaller certainly could compromise quality. Much will depend on the amount of compression, the display used to view the files (e.g. SD vs. HD) as well as your standards (what is acceptable to you may not be acceptable to others). Expect about 2 hours of video on a SL DVD.

Burning to DL media will mean you won’t need to compress (but the media is more expensive).

You might look at the settings Dazzle uses and make adjustments on sample clips (experiment).

Thanks for the hints…I will for sure try to look in the Dazzle settings and I will look for making the files smaller…I just want them to keep for keepsakes instead of my vhs…