Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate Review

vbimport

I just posted the article Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate Review.

Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate Review

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/15186-Pinnacle-Studio-12-Ultimate-Review/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/15186-Pinnacle-Studio-12-Ultimate-Review/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

[removed spam]

Hello Rob,
I don’t want to be “THAT GUY” to just kick back and wait til someone does all the work, then tells me exactly how to Capture analog,edit, then make movie in STUDIO 12, which I then upgraded to STUDIO 14 HD, ( still have the PCI-500 Device that came with Studio12) but I have spent countless hours and wasted many TDK DVD+R discs trying to troubleshoot why I am having sync/dropped frames while trying to capture analog VHS-C camcorder tapes to ultimately burn to DVD.

I have two types of cancer (prostate and NET carcinoid tumor) and most days are occupied by the doctors who monitor my health, so my days are limited to not spending all day and night with real time editing,if only someone could give some reasons/scenarios on why I’m having sync problems, then I would love to start archiving these precious family tapes to DVD. Is it my computer? Do I need to upgrade OS from XP HOME SP3 to Windows7, then be able to use twice as much more memory than Win XP allows me now?

Pinnacle support and myself have been going round and round, mostly on my part, they never tell me anything except if they don’t receive a reply within five days they will assume the case is closed…far from that. The only response from them is to turn down the DATARATE from 6 to 4 to 2, but the audio is still off by a few seconds.

Doesn’t matter of it’s my canon G6 Digital video, analog Panasonic VCR, with no FireWire, only Composite/component, or JVC 1997 Analog Camcorder, it’s all out of sync.

I’ve de-fragged, cleaned up disc,emptied all temp/internet files, redirected the video to go to secondary 500GB HDD (Storage) instead of to my Boot 74GB Raptor HDD for apps,to minimize paging files and resources, and end tasked all programs running in the background before I start to capture to Studio.

Someone mentioned a pass-thru method using a DV tape camera (without any tape) connect JVC analog camcorder into the DV tape camera, (with VHS-C tapes) then use a FireWire connect to go to computer. Could this my only option?

A friend gave me her 3 year old Sony VRD VC20 Burner, and I was thinking capturing from analog camcorder into the sony burner and record directly to DVD,then bring it in to studio and edit, hoping the sound would match the audio, but I could not play it on neither the BD player or my CD/DVD player. Seemed like a good idea, but did not work. it was Finalized.

So if I can figure this out in Studio, I’d sure like to use it,and any help or advice would greatly be appreciative.

I’ve thought maybe because the PCI-500 Pinnacle capture device only has Video In or out,and I have to connect the audio out from my camcorder/VCR/Canon G6 digital, into my separate sound card.

Take care, Jim

P-35 Platinum MS-7345 Mobo
Windows XP Home Edition SP3
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
2.4 GHz, 3328 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512 Memory Size
Realtek HD Audio Output Sound
DirectX version: 9.0c
Monitor: Viewsonic VX2035wm Series
WD 500 GB HDD / WD 74GB RAPTOR HDD
Pioneer DVD -RW / DVR 111D
NERO 9

Hey Rivrbyte. Sync issues from capture could be from a number of things.

Since your capture device does not capture the audio and video together, I would highly recommend that you get either an ADS Pyro AV/Link (can pick them up reasonably on EBAY, or the slightly more expensive CANOPUS ADVC (either 100 or 300). Any of these sync the audio to the video, and have connections to capture the audio along with the video. The $100.00 you spend will be far worth it in the long run.

That, or there are a few softwares out there which allow you to shift(adjust) the audio to more closely match the video. Personally I would suggest the new capture device.

If you have any more questions, PM me.