Pinnacle 10 with 10.7 patch update - loss of sound

After many attempts at my lengthy project (wedding and honeymoon -around 25 to 30gb) and upgrading from Pinnacle 9 and now using studio plus ver 10 with 10.7 patch applied- I am still having problems with trying to keep it together. To name one or two instances, pinnacle has allowed near completion of the project and before I have had time to ‘make video’ to DVD it (Pinnacle) cannot seem to handle it ‘hangs’, ‘freezes’ or breaks the project up. The latest instance since laboriously putting the project back together is to change the project status to a ‘studioesequence.m2v’ file-BUT WITHOUT SOUND! I have a lot of patience but considering I got married 18months ago and I have been working periodically on the project ever since, at this rate I will be divorced before I succeed. The PC specs are decent: Asus A8S-X series 64bit-AMD Athlon dual core-4200+2.2GHz processor-1.5GB ram. Is there any help out there? I would be decidedly grateful if someone could offer some positive advice. Thanks.

I need you to post all of the steps you are taking, and all of the defaults and settings. IE: 720 x 480 NTSC, audio 48hz, ac3, etc…