Pinball wizzard

Hello everyone, Ya, Im new.
Remember that Pinball Wizzard, thats me when it comes to PC’s, deaf dumb and blind.
I live in the USA, near Cincinnati Ohio. Professional Aircraft Mechanic, Married for 22years.
I got on this site because i am having problems with my junk :ZWindows Vista operated Compaq Presario V6000.

I am a hands on type, so use basic language with me. Your help is much appreciated!

I have an Optarc CD-RW CRX880A in my Comp. Presario V6000 that will not run anything. Device manager says it cannot start (Code 10). Windows says its driver is up to date. when I try to reinstall the driver it tells me it is corrupted.
What is a Code 10, and any suggestions.
Also one of my USB ports will not work. I get a message telling me that the device (whatever is plugged in) will is not recognized and has malfunctioned. Yet I can plug in in the other port and everything works fine.

Like I said I am new to this stuff, so your clear step by step help is appreciated.

These forums are really cool. What did we do with all our time before PC’s?
Played football, eh.

Stay cool! DL

It seems that the operating system of your compaq is seriously harmed. I suggest reinstalling the entire system with the original operating recovery disc it came with.

[QUOTE=dlarson;1956540]Hello everyone, Ya, Im new.
Remember that Pinball Wizzard, thats me when it comes to PC’s, deaf dumb and blind.
I live in the USA, near Cincinnati Ohio. Professional Aircraft Mechanic, Married for 22years.
I got on this site because i am having problems with my junk :ZWindows Vista operated Compaq Presario V6000.

I am a hands on type, so use basic language with me. Your help is much appreciated!

I have an Optarc CD-RW CRX880A in my Comp. Presario V6000 that will not run anything. Device manager says it cannot start (Code 10). Windows says its driver is up to date. when I try to reinstall the driver it tells me it is corrupted.
What is a Code 10, and any suggestions.
Also one of my USB ports will not work. I get a message telling me that the device (whatever is plugged in) will is not recognized and has malfunctioned. Yet I can plug in in the other port and everything works fine.

Like I said I am new to this stuff, so your clear step by step help is appreciated.

These forums are really cool. What did we do with all our time before PC’s?
Played football, eh.

Stay cool! DL[/QUOTE]
Welcome To The Forum!
If you don’t have disks then you recovery console will be partioned on your hard drive. You can reimage your windows, by pressing F12 or F11 when first booting up computer. The key your to push should be listed on your boot up screen when powering on your computer.