Pimp My Wii - Safely Update Everything and Keep All Homebrew

vbimport

i am not the author of pimp my wii. nor am i in any matter associated with the author of pimp my wii. all the credit goes to Attila from * wii info.fr *

PIMP MY Wii WILL NOT INSTALL STUB IOS VERSIONS. THIS WILL NOT INSTALL STUB IOS VERSIONS. SAFE TO USE ON ALL SYSTEM MENU VERSIONS.

Download —> Pimp My Wii v1.32

Whats New?
Version 1.32:

• Each IOS reloading will be displayed on screen. If it fails it will tried again 10 times (may fix “bad ios used”).
  • May fix some code dump during installation/downloading.
  • Minor modification (wii shop version).
  • Using devkitppc r19, latest libogc, libfat 1.0.6, devkitARM release 27.
  • Correction of the IOS used by Homebrew Channel.
  • Displays in “safe mode” stub IOSes that must not be used.

What is this “Pimp My Wii” app supposed to do?
“Pimp My Wii” is a homebrew application that will install missing and outdated titles from your Wii console. The program will scan your Wii and detect missing or outdated IOS and check that you are using System Menu version 4.1. It also checks if you have the latest versions of BC, MIOS and system channels : Wii Shop, News, Weather, Mii, Photo and Photo 1.1.
If you don’t have the latest versions of those titles, Pimp My Wii will download install them for you. After using this program, you will have all advantages from 4.1 accumulated from those of 3.2, and this without drawbacks!!

So how do I “Pimp My Wii”
Run Pimp My Wii from HBC [or bannerbomb]. Select Pass the test and fix problems. Let Pimp My Wii scan your Wii for outdated and/or missing Wii system files. When you are presented with the IOS to install, DO NOT change the patching options. Let Pimp My Wii choose the patches. Leave all settings at default. All you have to do is press the (A) button on your Wii remote.

Prerequisite to running
1a) An already Hacked Wii with HBC installed

1b) or Basic knowledge of running exploits such as Bannerbomb, Twilight hack, Indiana Pwns, Smash Stack or others which I have failed to mention

1. Some basic knowledge of Wii IOS

3a) recommended IOS249-rev14 using wad install - IOS249-rev14 installer with wad

3b) or a fully patched IOS36 - Trucha Bug Restorer with wads

1. Ability to read this entire post before asking questions.

Your Shape and USB Camera - IOS58
Pimp My Wii currently does not include IOS58. IOS58 is needed to play the game Your Shape which includes the USB Camera. Currently this game can only be played using:

1. The Original Disc
  2. Backup from Disc Channel and a Modchip

Download —> IOS58-64-v5918 original

Download —> IOS58-64-v5918 trucha patched

Install using wad manager

Download —> Wad Manager 1.5

Pimp My Wii IOS Chart
Download —> Pimp My Wii IOS List v2.9

Offline Installation
Don’t ask for too much help with this as ive not tried this method myself.

Pimp My Wii works best if you have a wireless internet connection through your Wii. However you can do an offline install using wads.

First run only Pass The Test to check what you need to update. If you only have a couple IOS out of date than you will only need to download the needed IOS.

Ive downloaded and packed into wads all the necessary files for the offline install. Everything is named appropriately for Pimp My Wii.

Download all necessary files from my mediafire account —> Pimp My Wii - Offline

Or you can use NUS Downloader to name, download and pack into wads, all the needed files.

Download —> NUS Downloader

Place the wads to the root of your SD Card.

The necessary IOS in their specific versions:
IOS4-v65280
IOS9-v778
IOS10-v768
IOS11-v10
IOS12-v269
IOS13-v273
IOS14-v520
IOS15-v523
IOS16-v512
IOS17-v775
IOS20-v12
IOS21-v782
IOS22-v1037
IOS28-v1550
IOS30-v2576
IOS31-v3349
IOS33-v3091
IOS34-v3348
IOS35-v3349
IOS36-v3351
IOS37-v3869
IOS38-v3867
IOS50-v4889
IOS53-v5406
IOS55-v5406
IOS56-v5405
IOS57-v5661
IOS60-v6174
IOS61-v5405
IOS70-v6687
IOS254-v260

If your Wii does not have any IOS with trucha bug (if your Wii is 3.4 from origin or more), you will need:
IOS15-v523
IOS15-v257

IOS must be named this way: IOSX-64-vY.wad
where X and Y are respectively the version and revision number

To update the System Menu, you need: RVL-WiiSystemmenu-vX.wad
where X is 448 for 4.1J, 449 for 4.1U, 450 for 4.1E and 454 for 4.1K

Wii Shop, you need: RVL-Shopping-v18.wad
BC: RVL-bc-v6.wad
MIOS: RVL-mios-v10.wad

For other channels: XY-NUS-vZ.wad
where X is the “type”, Y the number and Z the version
By example for Mii Channel it’s 1000248414341-NUS-v6.wad

cIOSCORP, Custom System Menu Themes and Preloader
Pimp My Wii is not designed to be compatible with cIOSCORP. Please run the cIOSCORP uninstaller before using Pimp My Wii.

Download —> cIOSCORP Uninstaller

You can use Pimp My Wii to update everything then reinstall cIOSCORP. but i do not recommend using cIOSCORP anyway.

If you use Pimp My Wii to install System Menu 4.1 you will have to reinstall your Custom System Menu Theme and Preloader.

CSM themes and preloader are installed as part of the System Menu, so anytime you install any version of the System Menu you will lose these.

Guide for installing Custom System Menu Themes

Preloader

I’m having problems what should I do?
Pimp My Wii is picky about the internet connection. When downloading IOS and you get code dumps, this is most likely your connection. Its okay if you get code dumps during downloading, your wii is fine, just very annoying I know. :slight_smile:

Pimp My Wii works best with IOS249/250-rev14. However Pimp My Wii is not compatible with all version of IOS249. If you have problems please use Waninkoko cIOS Uninstaller to remove IOS249 and then use the IOS249-rev14 installer using wad install. Place the wad to the root of your sd card and run the installer from HBC.

Download —> Waninkoko cIOS Uninstaller

Download —> IOS249-rev14 installer with wad

1. From the main menu press (-) on your wii remote to enter safe mode.

2. Select Pass the test and fix problems

3. Choose IOS249

4. Install everything using default settings

During Pass the Test Pimp My Wii Freezes on IOSXX.

Download and Run Dop-IOS v8. Scroll to the problem IOS and install latest with sig hash check applied.

Download —> Dop-IOS v8

That didn’t work any other ideas.

2. Select Pass the test and fix problems

3. Choose your SM IOS

System Menu - IOS
3.0/3.3 - IOS30
3.4 - IOS50
4.0/4.1 - IOS60
4.2 - IOS70

1. Install everything using default settings

Well that didnt work, now what?

2. Select Minimal Installation, choose your SM IOS, install both IOS15 and IOS36 using default settings.

System Menu - IOS
3.0/3.3 - IOS30
3.4 - IOS50
4.0/4.1 - IOS60
4.2 - IOS70

1. Using safe mode, run Pass the test and fix problems choosing IOS36.

This sucks, I’m still having problems, what now?
Please download Trucha Bug Restorer, place the included wads to the root of your sd card, run TBR from HBC [or bannerbomb] and follow the Installing Patched IOS36 instructions. Then run Pimp My Wii again this time using safe mode, selecting Pass the test and fix problems, choose to use IOS36.

Download —> Trucha Bug Restorer with wads

I don’t know how to tie my shoes, can you help me?
yes, please post your question, ill try to help as best I can.

Pimp My Wii sucks, it turned my HBC upside down.
No, you suck. :slight_smile:

The developers of the Hackmii installer have purposely written their programs not to work properly with fakesigned IOS. [this being IOS with trucha bug patches]

By default, Hackmii installer will usually use IOS36 to install the HBC using IOS61. By default Pimp My Wii will patch IOS36, thus inverting your HBC. Also by default Pimp My Wii will not patch IOS34 or IOS61. Running the Hackmii installer again to install using IOS34 and the HBC will use IOS61, Voilà , no more inverted HBC.

if, after running Pimp My Wii, you get the inverted Homebrew Channel, simply use the hackmii installer to uninstall and reinstall the HBC. You must use [or already have used] Pimp My Wii to install an original IOS34 with no patches. this is done by default using pass the test and fix problems or by pressing (-) for safe mode, manual install, only install IOS34 without patches, then hackmii installer.

Download—> Hackmii Installer v0.6

Hackmii installer says NO VULNERABLE IOS.
The developers of the Hackmii installer have purposely written their programs not to work properly with fakesigned IOS. [this being IOS with trucha bug patches]

By default, Hackmii installer will scan your IOS and find the best path for installation. Hackmii installer will not run if it doesn’t find an original IOS on its list of IOS to use. By default Pimp My Wii will patch most all the IOS. Also by default, Pimp My Wii will not patch IOS34. This will allow the Hackmii installer to run using IOS34, Voilà , no more “no vulerable IOS” message.

You must use [or already have used] Pimp My Wii to install an original IOS34 with no patches. this is done by default using pass the test and fix problems or by pressing (-) for safe mode, manual install, choose IOS249, only install IOS34 without patches, then run hackmii installer.

Manual Install IOS254 and Bootmii/IOS
If you have bootmii installed as IOS, as many smart Wii hackers do [and those not fortunate enough to have bootmii/boot2], the IOS used is IOS254. Running Pimp My Wii using MANUAL mode will give you the option to install IOS254. If you do this you will overwrite bootmii/IOS. This will require the use of the Hackmii Installer to uninstall and reinstall bootmii/IOS.

Pimp My Wii does not effect bootmii as boot2. If you are fortunate enough to have a vulnerable boot1 and have installed bootmii as boot2, Pimp My Wii will not alter bootmii and you have nothing to worry about.

Some meaningless babble
Running Pass the test and fix problems will present you with all the suggested fixes. If you do not want to install a particular fix, you will have the option to decline. However I suggest to just install everything with default settings. just let Pimp My Wii choose which IOS to patch and let Pimp My Wii choose the patches. do not change any settings only selecting YES to install.

Pimp My Wii will suggest to install SM 4.1, which is not the latest, but you can safely accept or decline. If you are using a lower system menu version i do suggest you update to 4.1. if you are using preloader or have a custom system menu theme installed you will have to reinstall them, if you do choose to install SM 4.1

by pressing the (-) button you can skip the test and do a manual install. this is helpful if you want to use manual and only install a specific IOS and manually choose the patches.

If you are experiencing problems using Pimp My Wii, please download Trucha Bug Restorer, place the included wads to the root of your sd card, run TBR from HBC [or bannerbomb] and follow the Installing Patched IOS36 instructions. then run Pimp My Wii again this time using safe mode and selecting IOS36.

Download —> Trucha Bug Restorer with wads

EVEN THOUGH THIS APP IS COMPLETELY SAFE TO USE. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE README AND CHANGELOG PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED.

Quick question:

I am currently running 4.1U and if i happened to install a few of the cISO(s) inadvertently, would I still be able to run the Pimp My Wii to install what’s isn’t there and/or done already and I should have a complete machine.

Thanks in advance, very new or late to this…LOL!

this thread is outdated, you need to find Pimp My Wii 2.11.

you can safely use 2.11 and pass the test and fix problems. enjoy

thanks, much appreciated

I already installed the iso58 for the usb, can i load it off the HD or does it need to be a SD. also should I just delete the info (either source) that I already on in the wad folder before running pimp my wii. Do I also need the channels folder (mediafire) and what folder do they go in.

here is what currently in the folder

if you are done then you do not need any of the files from your screen shot

Troy, have you seen the 2.11 version of Pimp My Wii? It’s actually quite awesome and fast.