Pieces of Ocean's Twelve on any DVD I burn

vbimport

Hi Everyone, new to the forum.

I recently tried to copy Ocean’s Twelve, but it didn’t work. I passed it off as a bad pressing or a result of not having AnyDVD running in the background.

I went and bought AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, and now when I try to burn any disc (in this example, a friends DVD box set disc), I get pieces of Ocean’s Twelve on the disc, and it switches back and forth between the two. It’s really quite puzzling, and I’ve deleted all the .vob files on my computer, so I don’t know where it’s coming from. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks.

by default cloneDD does not erase the temp files it creates when ripping a disk you need to check " delete temporary files after a succesful burn" in order for them to be deleted automatically. check your CloneDVD temp folder and make sure the files from ocean’s tweleve have been deleted. the default location is C:CloneDVDTemp

Not only do I have that option checked, but this was the first disc I burned with CloneDVD. This is driving me nuts, I can’t figure it out.

I cannot see any way you could get two movies “mixed together” on one DVD it is simply bizarre, you are using CloneDVD from Elby/Slysoft and not that POS from clonedvd.net?

Which version of CloneDVD / AnyDVD are you using? and have you tried the Latest Versions

Using the latest versions of both, and it is definitely bizarre. I can’t seem to find how it’s doing this and I’ve even done a system restore, and can’t seem to fix it.

Ok, the problem is happening somewhere in the compression process. It happens with both DVD Shrink and CloneDVD2 (Slysoft). It rips just fine, but apparently I can’t compress it…

“latest versions” = ?
Please quote numbers. Should be CloneDVD 2.8.0.0 and AnyDVD 5.0.0.0.

Just wanted to post a follow up to this one. It turns out that it was a file system problem with my hard drive. The new .vobs I was creating were written over the same sectors that I had Ocean’s 12 on. When I ripped the .vobs to another hard drive, it burned just fine. Now I just need to get rid of the bad sectors on my big drive…