Picture sticky

vbimport

While burining some recent movires Excorsist the begining, Hostage, life aquatic it seems to play fine but toward the end of the movie the picture seems to get stuck and than jump ahead about 3-5 minutes. I have the latest version of both anydvd and clone dvd. Are these bad sectors not properly decrypted??

I have burned other newer movies no prob, Aviator, are we there yet, hitch.

been using any and clone dvd for about 6 months have a sony dvd burner playing on a standalone bose lifestlye system. This seems to be the only problem.

What about DVD labels I put the full label including the center label just exposing the center hole, would that have anything to do with it???

thanks for the input guys I apperiate it.

Tony :bow: :a

Have you tried the discs in different DVD players/PC DVD Drives?

I have had similar problems in the past when I was using cheap/crappy media, try switching to high grade media like Taiyo Yuden. As far as the labels go, I think the general consensus is that labels are not good. :iagree:

I have tried sony disks with no luck so I went back to fuji. They seem to work fine. As far as labels I have labels on all my movies and only a small percentage seem to have this problem. What about it being caused by bad sectors??? Again this seems to happen to a small amount of movies, towards the end it will freeze and than just skip ahead, than it will play fine.

You didn’t answer my question though…Have you tried the discs in different DVD players/PC DVD Drives?

Also, Have you tried watching the DVD files off of your HDD? That will let you know if the problem is in the burned discs or the DVD files themselves.

Try not to use labels, use a CD marker pen.

@ Last2know1,

Concerning you question about using labels on DVD media suggest viewing the below Forum posting.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=959428&postcount=7

Also you state you are using the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. To clarify which version you are using please fully identify the versions you are using (Example AnyDVD version 5.2.6.1 - CloneDVD version 2.8.4.1)

Best Regards,
bjkg

5.2.6.1 any dvd 2.8.4.1 clone dvd sorry I have tested it out an a sony dvd player with no problems but i watch all my movies on my bose system. I have not tried to watch them off my HDD I burned them directly to the disk.

@ Last2know1,

Installing a paper label on DVD recordable media will cause all types of problems as detailed in the referenced posting I provided in my pervious posting in this thread. These problems are well documented. Do a Google (http://www.google.com) search which will reveal these problems.

Before proceeding with any additional troubleshooting I suggest removing the paper label from DVD recordable media and then see how the suspect DVD plays. I am confident that your problem is caused by instilling a paper label on your DVD recordable media. Paper labels can cause read errors, which can cause your recorded DVD to skip.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I took it off and it did play some what better i got a little farther in the movie before it skipped again, maybe when i was taking off the label I did cause some scratching on the top of the disk. My wife watched Miss congenlity 2 today with a label on it and stated that the movie was fine, maybe that label was better balanced???

Maybe the bose system is not as tolorable to wobbling as my sony is???

As far as labels I have labels on all my movies and only a small percentage seem to have this problem. What about it being caused by bad sectors??? Again this seems to happen to a small amount of movies, towards the end it will freeze and than just skip ahead, than it will play fine.

what about bad sectors???

If that is true, then your Bose DVD player is probably having problems. If the Sony works with no problems like you say, then use the Sony. You can’t always have your cake and eat it too! :iagree: