PI/PIF scanning via firewire for benq 1655?

I just got the iomagic rebadged benq 1655 and put it in an external usb/firewire enclosure. When I do a nero cd-dvd speed quality scan via firewire, I get garbage for “PI errors”. When I test via usb, the quality scan looks normal. By garbage I mean that my PI errors look like random 9 digit numbers, and my pi error total keeps wrapping around, both negative and positive. I get this right away from disks that have no true errors (they read fine via firewire).

This is my first drive with PI/PIF scanning ability; maybe there is there a config trick to get the 1655 to quality scan via firewire? Oh my firewire bridge board is an old oxford 911 one.

Nero DVD/CD_Speed doesn’t work correctly with the I/O Magic ReBadge (GCAB Firmware). You will have to wait for the first Firmware update to the BCAB (the BenQ Firmware)…

It works fine for me when I scan via USB, it’s just speed limited to ~.56X. (Well, fine except that I get the old “Focus Servo Failure” error at the layer break when scanning a dvd+r dl). I thought the speed limit was the only issue… Sure hope we’ll be able to cross flash these drives.

I get the same “Focus servo failure” at the layer break point scanning a +R DL when connected internally. So obviously not an enclosure issue. You’re right, scanning does indeed look busted, not just horribly slow.

I don’t suppose there is a way to extract firmware from one of the BenQ 1655 retail drives?

I don’t suppose there is a way to extract firmware from one of the BenQ 1655 retail drives?

SOMEONE PLEASE DO THIS IF POSSIBLE