Physical Protection Characteristics

vbimport

Is there any way to know a CD's copy protection just by looking at it? I think I remember someone say that some words on the CD mean a copy protection, but could be wrong.

Thanks

Sir Cyber

Ring PROTECH, certainly. I have a scanned pic here somewhere …

I think Securom writes DADC somewhere on the cd. Correct me if i’m wrong, or unless they no longer do that.

@FP
I personally never saw ringprotect, I would like to see a scanned pic.

This is one of my Iron Storm CDs - both are protected. It’s a shocker of a scan. The surface looks normal, like any other CD then there’s what appears to be a thin ring around the disc.

And here you are with the habitual SecuROM CD. Identical to a PSX2 DVD and many DVDs. Remember that this is habitual in securom but it isn’t present all the time.

Good luck!

Is there any physical characteristics of a SafeDisc protected disc?

Sir Cyber

Not ones visible from inspection of the physical cd. However, safedisc protected cds have characteristic .tmp files that will show up in explorer (they’re very easy to spot once you know what you’re looking for).

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]This is one of my Iron Storm CDs - both are protected. It’s a shocker of a scan. The surface looks normal, like any other CD then there’s what appears to be a thin ring around the disc.

[/B]

Yep, my IronStorm CD’s have that ring on them.