Photos for Arachne

And whomever else, obviously…

The case is an Aerocool Masstige. Highlights of the system: Intel C2D E6600, Asus P5N-SLI mobo, 2 gb RAM, Corsair HX620 PSU. Drives from top to bottom:

1. Samsung SH-S203B
  2. Samsung SH-S183L
  3. Asus DRW-1814BLT
  4. Plextor PX-760A
  5. LG GSA-H55N
  6. Lite-on CDRW

Hmm, that was a bit of a disappointment. Don’t know exactly what kind of pictures I was expecting, but I couldn’t resist taking a peek to see if the big 'ol BAN hammer was going to dropping on Slinko’s head.

Yeah, it’s just a continuation of the “what have you just purchased” thread…

If you want those kind of pictures, just use Google Image Search and turn off SafeSearch. :stuck_out_tongue:

@slinko - thanks for those! :flower:

Very funky indeed, and I see you put the Sammys up at the top :bigsmile:…of course I’d have put the lovely LG just below that :iagree:

And I’m glad I’m not the only one with a mess of wires behind my PC :eek:

Didn’t say I wanted those kinds of pictures…:wink: Just morbidly curious.

And slinko, that’s a lot of optical drives in one machine. If you actually use them all, I’m beginning to understand why you guys buy so much media.

Well… the top 3 are SATA drives, the rest are PATA. Plus the lily white Asus gives me a reference when it’s dark. :slight_smile:

Did your Pioneer die?

No, I still have it… but I’m not totally satisfied with it’s capabilities (it won’t burn Sony D16 at all, and my other burners are outdoing it on my other media) so I think I’m going to put it in a spare external enclosure and Ebay it.

Also the Lite-on CDRW seems to have died this morning. :frowning: Only burned 3 CDs on it.

I gotta update that sig.

This is no longer a computer but “Termo Engine” this is gone too far extreme even if you live in middle of desert with no air-conditioning.

uh… what?

The Ruby Orb is mostly for quiet, not extreme cooling. A big fan turning at slow speeds=silence. There are other heatsinks that are far more extreme.

The other fan came with the case and is the only case fan.

From what I’ve seen this is a very very mild cooling setup.

Ahhh, I see :slight_smile:

Plus the lily white Asus gives me a reference when it’s dark. :slight_smile:

ROTFL :bigsmile:

You still have spaces to fill :iagree:…and that Ruby Orb is dead cool looking :smiley:

Edit: Sorry about your Litey CDRW :sad:

Here is another photo for Arachne. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s mean :p…and besides, slinko would have a hard time finding a slot to fit it :bigsmile:

Watch it…that’s me stealing your drives (I’ll come back for the case) :bigsmile:

I’ve been doing my best to lay off this post. Must resist :bigsmile:

LOL, I didn’t think of it that way :o :bigsmile:

Just try Arachne cdfreaks on google lol

Are you still going on about post count? You’re like a dog with a bone :stuck_out_tongue: