Phillips to release Burner capable of circumventing all known copy protections?

vbimport

I heard a while back at site called www.boycott-riaa.com that Phillips is planning to release a burner capable of writing any known copy-protections. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Phillips were a bit upset a while ago about record-companies who protect their CD’s deosn’t follow the red book standard (that Phillips has delevoped) and so they threathened to make a drive that copy’s everything…
If they do, that’ll be great, but don’t count on it…

That would be too good to be true

now its time to start a partition and fill it with names and deliver it to Philips

we want universal cd burners and they need profits

they can make it happen…so lets push :wink:

If Philips made such a burner that would copy everything, MPAA and RIAA would have a shit-hissy fit and sue them under the DMCA to keep the product off the market. Look at what they did with audio DAT drives. Killed them except for professional usage. They’re trying to get even stricter laws passed now, using Senator Hollings (D-Disney) as their paid-off stooge. Don’t expect to see such a drive from Philips.

I wish Plexi made a DVD drive that had all the features of their 40x CD drive, but with added DVD reading.

A good thing that Phillips is a dutch company then (right?)
I pity you who lives in the land of RIAA…:cool:

Originally posted by Airhead
A good thing that Phillips is a dutch company then (right?)
I pity you who lives in the land of RIAA…:cool:

Hahahahaha…LOL…not me

Bartman:cool:

Hollings has a long way to go to make it to stooge.

Originally posted by Tremo
[B]If Philips made such a burner that would copy everything, MPAA and RIAA would have a shit-hissy fit and sue them under the DMCA to keep the product off the market. Look at what they did with audio DAT drives. Killed them except for professional usage. They’re trying to get even stricter laws passed now, using Senator Hollings (D-Disney) as their paid-off stooge. Don’t expect to see such a drive from Philips.

I wish Plexi made a DVD drive that had all the features of their 40x CD drive, but with added DVD reading. [/B]