Phillips sdvd8431 for xbox 360 burning

Hi people, i have a phillips sdvd 8431 dvd dl writer in my laptop which im using to try to make backups of my xbox 360 games but having problems, im using it with imgburn and bulkpaq+dl media, i have set the layer break to 1913760 but when i try to write the .dvd file it gets to 50% and then fails. but then when i use the img specified layer break (1913766) it copies to 100%, says complete but when i try use in xbox it just says open tray. Any help greatly appreciated thanks

bulkpaq+dl media

Have you tried a Verbatim disk?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2203630]Have you tried a Verbatim disk?[/QUOTE]

no not yet simply because i have a backup already on the exact same kind of disk which i ripped the image off using imgburn. ive just figured out though that the booktype is set to dvd+r dl and it wont let me change it, it only has the option to change it on other types of dvd drives but not on phillips, any ideas?

[QUOTE=ants1305;2203644]no not yet simply because i have a backup already on the exact same kind of disk which i ripped the image off using imgburn. ive just figured out though that the booktype is set to dvd+r dl and it wont let me change it, it only has the option to change it on other types of dvd drives but not on phillips, any ideas?[/QUOTE]

If the drive/software combo has no such option, then its not possible.

ok so if i buy a pioneer 116d for my pc and use it with imgburn, will it change the booktype itself? because there is no option to change pioneer settings either, but after reading loads about it, i find that loads of people use the pioneer 116d with imgburn for creating 360 backups