Philips SPD600x: post here your scans

vbimport

The following scan is from a drive I bought as replacement for a defective LiteOn.
Media used:
Infiniti MCC 004 (fake MCC 004, as I heard)
Burn 8X speed with Mac OS X 10.5
Scan 8X speed with CDSpeed 4.7.7.15 run within Windows XP in a Paralells virtual machine.
TRT test done with a software for Mac OS X I wrote, the plotted with gnuplot. Resolution: 1 speed measurement every 10 MiB (so 50 points per interval in the graph).

Nice burn for a fake MCC004. :clap:
Give it a run at 16 or 20x.

This is most probably a Sammy S-202N rebadged (already stated by Cressida in the thread one step down), so the scanning is possible as long as you run this drive on Philips firmware.
Don’t expect that much firmware support by Philips in future though. :wink:

Next burn will be 12X and then 16x, but I’m not sure whether the USB2 case will handle 16X. 20X is simply impossible, as stated also by Dragemester in another thread he has a case with the same chipset).

As for the firmware, I don’t plan to play with it, so the original will suffice.

Hello,
this is my scan with DVD-R Memorex burn at 16X

I don’t understand if this DVD Burner it’s good?
Sorry for my english

Hi,

[quote=olafmarzocchi;2030352]
Media used:
Infiniti MCC 004 (fake MCC 004, as I heard)
[/quote]If Infiniti hasn’t changed their mind, then these should be genuine. You might ask in the Blank Media forum to make sure.

Michael

[QUOTE=the_dreamers;2032957]Hello,
this is my scan with DVD-R Memorex burn at 16X
I don’t understand if this DVD Burner it’s good?
[/QUOTE]

I would say yes. If it were defective, you would have experienced error rates in the range of 15-30 or more (average value, not peaks in the graph).

Infiniti MCC 004, disk from same spindle as the one shown in the first post.
Burn 12X speed with Mac OS X 10.5
Scan 8X speed with CDSpeed 4.7.7.15 run within Windows XP in a Paralells virtual machine.
TRT test done with a software for Mac OS X I wrote, the plotted with gnuplot. Resolution: 1 speed measurement every 10 MiB (so 50 points per interval in the graph).

Hi Holaf,
This is another scan with a Sony DVD+R burn at 16X

I have some Sony D21, I will burn one at 8x soon, so that we can get a full spectrum of speeds.
If you can, please find an MCC 004 disk, so that we can see a scan of a burn at 16x or more with it: my external case won’t go over 17,5 MB/s during burns, so 16X is not possible (but 12X is already ok for me).

Some tips: please also save the images as PNG, not JPG, to get a better quality with this kind of images, and put the info about the burn and the disk in the post (to help people find these posts with the forum search), just as I did: brand and disk code, burn speed, scan speed, remarks/notes.

Moreover, could you write the scanning ECC interval that CDSpeed gives you at the end, in the bottom of the summary?
Both my scans were done at 8X and I got about 5,3 ECC. By using 4X and an internal drive you may be able to get better (lower) values: the drive tests more often the sector of the disk.

I compared scans at 4X and 8X and here the difference:

• the scanning interval is about 5 ECC for 8X scans, 3.5 ECC for 4X scans
  • the number of errors detected increases with 4X scans

=> This Philips requires 4X scanning.

File attached: all burns at 8X, scans at 4X or 8X, Media: Infiniti MCC 004 or SonyD21.