Philips SPD2512T Firmware

vbimport

This model Philips SPD2512T is not mentioned on the Philips firmware site. Searched web a lot and never found any trace about this model. Disc Info Tool said it is Philips SPD2512T, firmware version 1.0, finally according to my opinion very slow DVDRW. I need extreme attention when I buy DVDs since it sometimes burned such a way, nobody can use burned DVDs. If you could provide my some newer firmware RPC-1 or possibly how to crossflash it to something else faster and more reliable.

Guys do not tell me that noone heard of this model. Where are guys from Philips to read that Philips SPD2512T does not have suport on their site and it is not mentioned at all on their website. It could probably be some LiteOn or Benq model under Philips name, but which one. Obvuiosly Philips does not know about their own model. :slight_smile:

Take some pictures of the top, bottom, and front of the drive and post them here. Then we can give you a better idea of what you have.

Thank you for reply.

I already installed drive inside my computer and wonder if I can provide some software information which might be helpful for you to tell me what I have.

It is black drive with written DVD RAM on it. Disc Info Tool and Nero Info Tool gave me the same information Philips SPD2512T and options as you have already seen in my previous post.

[QUOTE=negritude;2121052]Take some pictures of the top, bottom, and front of the drive and post them here. Then we can give you a better idea of what you have.[/QUOTE]

Each drive manufacturer uses different kinds of cases for their drives. with the ability to see what the drive itself looks like, we could give you a reasonable guess on who actually made it for Philips, and get closer to giving you more information. :wink:

[QUOTE=DzigiBau;2121409]I already installed drive inside my computer and wonder if I can provide some software information which might be helpful for you to tell me what I have.

It is black drive with written DVD RAM on it. Disc Info Tool and Nero Info Tool gave me the same information Philips SPD2512T and options as you have already seen in my previous post.[/QUOTE]

The software information is useless. Either take some pictures, or we won’t be able to help.

Maybe its is an OEM drive, why don’t you check you manufacturers website