Philips SPD2413p failure in XP x64

When I replaced Vista x64 with XP x64 (surprise!) the Philips SPD2413p refused to write data to CDs or DVD. System kept requesting blank media.

Solution (after a day of tinkering around with another piece of crap HP DVD940i) I finally backed up the Philips EEPROM (great tool!), then flashed the unit with COdeKing’s software, 20A1P.KL0M.patched-fb.exe. Whamo… the unit works great!

Thanks to the dedicated people on this site I (a newbie) was able to solve a complicated problem.

Wish the OEMs (well, I guess that would be Lite-On) could be so helpful.

Thank guys,

Dennis

Hello! I’m having the same problem you had. Could you tell me which is CodeKing’s software and Where I can donwload 20A1P.KL0M.patched-fb.exe?
Thank you :slight_smile:

@ JuanTeDDi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest learning to use the Forum’s magic Search button and for the topic ‘20A1P.KL0M’ which will reveal the below information ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-16a7s-16w1p-16-18-20a1p-h-s-l-fastburn-enhanced-overspeed-enhanced-oht-firmware-new-207033/

Regards,
bjkg

Hey Thank you!, I really used the search but I didn’t know how to searh for it…
I could flash with 20A1P.KL0M.patched-fb but my problem still remains, I’m on vista x64.
When I put a DVD into the DVD Rom, It does an extrange sound and it doesn’t read it.
I don’t know what to do :sad:

Could someone give me the gp04.bin? all the links I found in the forum are broken

uppp

up!

Doesn’t seem like it is available here.