Philips models differences?

vbimport

Hi,

What are the differences between philips DVDR1640K, DVDR1625K, PBDV1640G ? I’ve look on the philips’s web site but I don’t have find nothing. I know only that the last two have the same write/read speed. What is the better?

Thanks,
Yeti

The 1640G is a oem version of the Philips and as such looks like a normal beige DVD-rom with just the eject button (no fancy lights). The plus side is it’s much cheaper.
The firmware is B2.5 (not P2.5) and cannot be upgraded to the latest fireware on the Philips site, but I expect this can be overcome.

Thanks CrispyToast for your reply :slight_smile:

Unlucky the 1640G (here in italy) is sold 5€ more than the 1625K :sad:

Do you know also the differences beetwen the DVDR1640K and the DVDR1625K ?

Yeti

1620K: 2,4x writing on DL, 8x writing on -R, 30day trial for the video part of Nero
1625K: 4x writing on DL, 16x writing on -R, 30day trial for the video part of Nero

1640K: 2,4x writing on DL, 8x writing on -R, full Nero version
1645K: 4x writing on DL, 16x writing on -R, full Nero version

You can upgrade your drive to 4x writing on Double layer and 16x on -R by using the firmware upgrade, the drive itself is for all 4 types exactly the same.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?mid=Link_Software&cat=PC_STORAGE_CA&sct=INTERNAL_DVD_REWRITER_SU&scy=GB&grp=MONITORS_PC_PERIPHERALS_GR&ctn=DVDR1640K/00&slg=ENG&DCT=FUS&DID=ENG