Philips DVDR3570h chapter jumping

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVDR3570H 160 GB Hard Disk/DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought one of these over a year ago and it seems to have a fault, something which I’ve only noticed recently but has probably always been there.

It plays pre-recorded DVDs fine, but almost all DVDs I’ve burned myself using a PC suffer from the player jumping back a few chapters when it encounters certain chapters. This applies to pretty much all self-recorded DVDs, on various media types and on both +R and -R. I’ve tried burning the same DVDs on different PCs and the same problem is there. I’ve also tried playing those DVDs on a couple of different players and they play fine. Conclusion - its the Philips player. I’ve tried upgrading the player software to the latest version which makes the machine generally work faster, but the problem is still there. I’ve also tried replacing the drive unit with both a standard IDE PC DVD RW drive and a laptop drive, same issue still there so it’s not the drive itself. Must be the remaining hardware that’s causing the problem, though I’m out of ideas as to what to try next.

Has anyone else experienced this same issue, and does anyone have any other ideas of what to try next?

Hi Swell,

I have also the same problem of the “chapter jumping” with the self-burned dvd’s.

Do you already have a solution?

Thanks,
Henri

Hi Henri,
The best I’ve come up with is the software I used to encode the original .avi to DVD format which was Winavi. I’ve now switched to using ConvertX2DVD which doesn’t seem to produce the same issue, though I haven’t fully tested this. How about you?