Philips DVDR 880?

vbimport

I got this recorder from my friend and i would like to know more about this recorder.Wich kind of media i can use with that?
I have also one more problem. I don’t have remote control, because his daughter have destroyed it, and is not possible to cath any chanels from my TV,Reciever…
I have tryied with several all in one remotes, but it seems like they could not help!

The FAQ on the old DVDplusRW.org site is dead at the moment, but you can search for some summary information on this model. Also, if you visit the new incarnation of the old forum posts as detailed in one of the pinned threads at the top of this sub-forum, you can search for posts using something like “DVDR 880”. It should give you plenty to read about.

Basically you can only record on +RW and +R.

You can download the manual as a pdf from the Philips website.

Have a look on Ebay for remotes suitable for the 8x0 series - I saw at least a couple last week.

The 880 series are notorious for suffering from a particular manufacturing error, in which the lens of the laser assembly becomes misaligned over a period of time. This results in the machine not recognising discs and erroneously displaying the message “No disc”. Philips have admitted this problem and will offer to extend the guarantee to two years from date of purchase, but this mainly depends on having proof of purchase.

The 880 series are notorious for suffering from a particular manufacturing error, in which the lens of the laser assembly becomes misaligned over a period of time. This results in the machine not recognising discs and erroneously displaying the message “No disc”. Philips have admitted this problem and will offer to extend the guarantee to two years from date of purchase, but this mainly depends on having proof of purchase.

You have right about this one! Sometimes i could not play any dvd-s!

Thanks for your response, i have been looking around like you told me, and found some things they can help me out.
I could not see some remotes on a Ebay! I think the only one some can help is, original remote for Philips 880.

If you still want a remote for your 880:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15065&item=5772099429&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thanks a lot man! Ithink i will buy this one!

I think i’m gonna pay much more than i tought!!!