Philips DVDR 3305 setup problem

I have just bought the 3305 here in the UK and I have followed the setup instructions properly. But I can’t automatically scan for channels from my Sky Digibox (Amstrad). I’ve definately connected the scarts properly by the instruction manual but can’t record anything (it plays pre-recorded DVDs ok)

You don’t “scan for channels”: just connect the digibox ‘OUT’ to the DVDR ‘IN’ SCART, and by selecting the DVDR channel to EXT2, the recorder will record whatever is coming from the digibox.

I assume that because it just records the signal coming from the Scart, you can’t use Videoplus with Sky channels to record on the 3305?

That’s correct, because the VideoPlus programming includes the broadcast channel. You’d need to have the DVDR left on EXT2 ‘channel’.

There are Philips models (and other makes of DVDR) which will work with GuidePlus and automatically change the channel on the satellite box using a little IR device.

Same old problem for me, cant record, new 3305, channel set up to record is issue. Will try ext 2 although I have I believe I set up my scart on ext 1 off the TV, tried ext 1 to record but no good - missing something.

Same old problem for me, cant record, new 3305, channel set up to record is issue. Will try ext 2 although I have I believe I set up my scart on ext 1 off the TV, tried ext 1 to record but no good - missing something.

More help required, can now record from TV, from vidocams etc. Is it possible to record 1 x channel while watching another with this set up ? Would I need a second scart connection for this , excuse ignorance on this.

Top menu : cannot erase discs as the function wont appear on DVD, can get to Top Menu using remote but cant get to erase or part erase, help ?

got rid of it, bought a sony instead, much friendlier and easier