Philips DVD8801 views all cd's as blank

Hi There

I have recently been asked to fix an identical problem on two pc’s with a phillips DVD8801.
The issue is that when i load a cd it brings up the usual windows prompt asking what to do except that it is only giving the option that are applicable to blank cd’s i.e. copy files to cd or just wont do anything.

I haved tried uninstalling and reinstalling and added a flash update but still nothing. it apparently happened after several failed attempts to burn files to disc using windows built in utility. as this is the case with both pc’s i believe this is the cause. I’m sure there is a registry setting or two that needs tweaked but i cant remember where in the registry they are.

any help will be appreciated.

“copy to cd” will not work, you need a burning tool.

Hi chef,

Thanks for the reply.

Copying to CD is not what bothers me it’s the fact that since the copy to cd was done it cannot see anything on the disc.

Please enable verify and tell the outcome.

I’m having the same problem as well. The Phillips DVD8801 does not show any DVDs. CDs are seen but the DVDs are not. Does anyone have a solution?

[QUOTE=rmross;2199145]I’m having the [B]same problem[/B] as well. The Phillips DVD8801 does not show any DVDs. CDs are seen but the DVDs are not. Does anyone have a solution?[/QUOTE]

…it is not.