Load/Eject Times

Load Time 1.48 sec
Eject Time 2.14 sec
Recognition Time 12.60 sec

No DVD-R DL?

Nope:stuck_out_tongue:

But this may change with future firmware “upgrades”. :wink:

Hi,

Do you know where to get a driver for this model ? My new Dell Dimension 9100 has some problems with it. And i cant find a driver for Windows XP Home. Any tips ? (I already contacted Dell, but i guess i’m still ‘on hold’)

Thanks,

Rutger

Welcome :slight_smile:
You do not need a device driver. XP already supports ATAPI drives.
What is the problem you have with your drive ?

Well, my DVD8701 (Philips) is for some reason not working anymore on my brand new Dell Dimension 9100.

Dell says it’s probably broke and asked me to do some additional troubleshooting.

Anyway, the drive is recognized by the BIOS, but Windows says it can’t load the correct drivers for it. And from the Dell site there are no drivers (or firmware) available yet because, according to Dell, the drive is ‘too new’.

I’m going to test the drive further by using the Dell Diagnostics from the BIOS and check the cables.

From the images above, I conclude that it has BENQ ‘on the inside’ ? Is that correct ?

Check the Even-Viewer and go into Devicemanager, delete all entries under “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” and REBOOT.
If that would not work, maybe the IDE cable or connection is not correct/healty.

My Philips dvd 8701 will not play movies anymore. What can I do to correct this?