Philips DVD640

As for some time my previous standalone DVD player started hiccuping on some dvd’s. Especially multi layer dvd’s were a pain to watch. Constant lockups , hangs and it comes without a reset button :(.

So i’ve searched and bought a new one. The Philips DVD640.

I can recommend this standalone DVD player if you’re looking for a dvd player that is more of a “recognized” brand (instead of those other weird names).

It plays VCD , SVCD , MP3 , .JPG , Photo CD , DVD , DVD+R , DVD+RW and the best feature is… it’s amazingly easy to make it region free (Never thought this would happen with a philips :slight_smile: ).

Just eject the tray and press 0 four times on your remote :slight_smile:

Cool feature is that it can rotate JPG’s as well :slight_smile:

Disadvantage : no eject/inject button on the remote… but hey… i can live with that :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Just eject the tray and press 0 four times on your remote :slight_smile:

That’s a very user-friendly feature. Can I press 0 four times on my keyboard to make all my future DVD drives? J/K. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Kenshin
[B]

That’s a very user-friendly feature. Can I press 0 four times on my keyboard to make all my future DVD drives? J/K. :bigsmile: [/B]

I wish it was that simple… I hate region codes… I like the dvd’s they have at amazon and would never ever buy a dvd player which could not be unlocked. (Like those cd-rw/dvd combo drives notebooks have).

I hope it’s RCE proof as well :slight_smile:

I just noticed that the noise coming from the cable tv coax is also completely gone :eek: :eek: Something my previous dvd player has very much.