Philips DVD+-RW SDVD8820

vbimport

Hi, I’m not computer savvy at all. Well, correction, not as much as most of you are I’m sure. I can install programs, do general maintenance and so forth, but as for the hardware information, I have difficulty.

Here’s my dilemma,

I updated my drivers and my Philips DVD Drive decided to not want to read anything anymore. When I contacted Dell (I have an Inspiron E1505 Laptop) they weren’t helpful after waiting 6 hours on the online chat and 2 hours via telephone. They claim that it is working fine by their tests…

So, it doesn’t read DVDs or CDs. The drive opens up, accepts the disc, runs as if reading the disc, but the actual (F drive is nonexistent. If you have any suggestions before I attack both Philips and Dell. The hardware says that the driver may be corrupted and or missing as well.

Welcome to CD Freaks. :slight_smile:

Try the following and report back, please.
Click here to resolve your Device Manager issue (Windows shows Code xx, Drivers are not installed for your device; etc)

[QUOTE=dzdzdz;2103347]Hi, I’m not computer savvy at all. Well, correction, not as much as most of you are I’m sure. I can install programs, do general maintenance and so forth, but as for the hardware information, I have difficulty.

Here’s my dilemma,

[B][B]I updated my drivers [/B][/B]and my Philips DVD Drive decided to not want to read anything anymore. When I contacted Dell (I have an Inspiron E1505 Laptop) they weren’t helpful after waiting 6 hours on the online chat and 2 hours via telephone. They claim that it is working fine by their tests…

So, it doesn’t read DVDs or CDs. The drive opens up, accepts the disc, runs as if reading the disc, but the actual (F drive is nonexistent. If you have any suggestions before I attack both Philips and Dell. The hardware says that the driver may be corrupted and or missing as well.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you meant DRIVERS…