Philips DVD RW 8801 not working

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVD8801. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]My computer detects it, I can open it, close it , fine , but it will not read or write anything.
It started to cock up along while back, and I couldn’t write anything, then , one day, I couldn’t read anything either.
Plz Halp I R Nab.

I’m sorry to tell you, but it may simply have died.

Have you checked for a loose cable? Or uninstalled it in Windows Device Manager and let the operating system “find” it again?

Yeah, I tried both of them.

I agree with [B]Kerry[/B]. It’s time to get a new drive.

:(.

Hi,

I have the same issue, thought the DVD was dead…was wrong.

Fortunately I have MS Server 2003 on a different partition and when I checked the DVD RW it works fine !

I am puzzled by this can’t give you a reason (been in IT for over 20 years). I have not really bothered with it as I have access through other machines but was bored one day and then ended up fed up :slight_smile:

I have done usual drivers hardware checks etc but can say I am miffed.

It could be your issue is different and your drive is dead, try putting the drive into another PC and see whether it picks it up. Good luck

Try a firmware update for your drive www.google.com is your friend :)…I had a DVD Drive that did not recognize any of my CD-Rs after using a flashing my firmware, it recognized the disc right away.