Philips dvd recorder 3480/05

vbimport

:confused:I have just bought a philips dvd recorder model no 3480/05 and have connected it to my tv and sky box using scart leads. However I am having problems working out how to record one program and watch another at the same time. Even when following the instructions to put recorder in ‘sleep’ funcion, when I change the channel, the machine is recording each channel change. Can anyone help?

[QUOTE=kaz5687;2169356]:confused:I have just bought a philips dvd recorder model no 3480/05 and have connected it to my tv and sky box using scart leads. However I am having problems working out how to record one program and watch another at the same time. Even when following the instructions to put recorder in ‘sleep’ funcion, when I change the channel, the machine is recording each channel change. Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

You CAN NOT record two TV channels of the same satellite converter box…:wink:
If you want try a DVR provided by your cable/satellite provider which allows you to record up to two programs at the same time. While watching the other channel if you so desire. If the content is worthy then transfer to the DVD Recorder :slight_smile:

Kind Regards.

Hi, thanks for replying, but I think you have misunderstood my query. I dont want to record 2 programs at the same time. I want to record one program whilst watching another but when I am recording and then change the tv channel to watch something else, the playback on the dvd has recorded each channel change!!!

I wonder how you have got these things connected up?

While you’re making the recording from Sky via the recorder’s external input, use the ‘Tuner’ function of the recorder to watch the terrestrial broadcasts from the recorder’s aerial input. So basically just switch the DVDR output, not the Sky or TV.

The DVDR3480 is analogue tuner though, so you only get the five main channels.

[QUOTE=kaz5687;2169629]Hi, thanks for replying, but I think you have misunderstood my query. I dont want to record 2 programs at the same time. I want to record one program whilst watching another but when I am recording and then change the tv channel to watch something else, the playback on the dvd has recorded each channel change!!![/QUOTE]

Like I said, if you are using 1 converter box you can only record 1 program and, you can not watch another. I recommend a DVR for your solution.