Philips DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D01-67) - which writer can properly burn them?

vbimport

Hi,

I just got myself a spindle of Philips DVD+R DL, media code is RICOHJPN D01-67. Out of 7 discs I have written so far, 4 failed at about 50% writing, i.e. at the layer break. Of the remaining three, two had uncorrectable read errors right after writing, one is rewadable with loads of spindowns.

i started writing them with my Samsung SH-S183A, after that drive failed, I used my Benq DW 1640, and finally my LG GSA-H10N. None of these writers, latest firmware installed of course, managed to write that media properly.

So I was just wondering: is Philips media that crappy, or are my writers? I have then tried some of my Verbatim DVD+R DL media instead, which gives good to excellent results on all three writers.

What should I do now? Can I return that media to Philips? Or am I using the wrong writers?

cu,

Jackie

My Pioneer DVR-112D is quite good at burning them.
I haven’t scanned one yet, but they TRT perfectly.

Mine are “Made in India”.

In general, all other DL media is inferior to Verbatims MKM. At least for the firmware support.

[QUOTE=Jackie78;1994254] [B][U]I have then tried some of my Verbatim DVD+R DL media instead, which gives good to excellent results on all three writers. [/U][/B][/QUOTE]
I believe that you have just answered your own question about the RICOHJPN D01-67 discs. :Z
Nothing that I know of beats Verbatim DL discs for quality. :wink:

Get a Lite On and burn NO faster than 4X… I have a DH20A4H that burns RICOH media flawless… Keep RICOH out of the Sammy it will spit out crap…