Philips DVD 3300H - Does Not Respond

vbimport

Hi.

I got a philips DVD Recorder 3300H last week. Everything is perfect except it seems to stop responding every now and again. (approx once a day).
It seems to only stop responding when it is in stand-by mode and you
can tell that it has stopped when the clock is not correct. To solve this issue you unplug the unit, wait a few seconds and plug it in again. this is very
annoying, especially if you have entered a timer recording and the unit has
crashed and not recorded the programme.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven’t loaded the firmware yet? will this solve the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the CD Freaks forum :wink:

As I haven’t come across anyone else mentioning this issue, to me it seems to be faulty DVD recorder. You can try getting updated firmware for your recorder, but I don’t think this will be much of a help. To get updated firmware from Philips, go onto their website, click the ‘Contact & Support’ button at the top-right of the screen and key in your model into the search box). This will give you updated firmware and steps on how to install the firmware.

If the store you bought this in is handy to get to, I would first recommend bringing it back and discuss the issue with the shop to get it repaired or replaced under warranty.

Thanks for your help Seán

FYI: I have applied the firmware and i think this has solved the problem. So far anyway…

I’ve updated to version 15, and it still hangs now and then - luckily I never had it happen every day - I would’ve brought it back to the store if it had…