Philips compensates users who lose smart TV functionality with Amazon Fire TV Stick

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Philips compensates users who lose smart TV functionality with Amazon Fire TV Stick[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/02/nettv_screenshot_sites_on9700series-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Philips customers who will lose their smart TV functionality by the end of this year will be compensated with a free Amazon Fire TV Stick. Previously the company’s customer service stated affected users wouldn’t receive any compensation because the reason was beyond control of Philips.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/philips-compensates-users-lose-smart-tv-functionality-amazon-fire-tv-stick-80971/](http://www.myce.com/news/philips-compensates-users-lose-smart-tv-functionality-amazon-fire-tv-stick-80971/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Nice promotion opportunity. I wonder how much Amazon is [S]charging[/S] paying Philips… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds to me for Amazon it just takes an usb stick to make the TV SHA2 compliant but Philips can’t fix their own hardware? Logically it would take Philips just a converter stick (like Amazon) and all should be well again.

Seriously the Fire stick may be free but certainly not the subscription to movies/entertainment!? Whata not-so great deal!

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2784547]Philips can’t fix their own hardware?[/QUOTE]
Philips did not write the software and did not suppliy the back-end of this system.
Some other 3rd party company did. Probably asked too much for an upgrade or the entire back-end is getting outdated.

I can understand perfectly well that Philips does not invest in old tv models and their infrastructure anymore.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2784620]Philips did not write the software and did not suppliy the back-end of this system.
Some other 3rd party company did. Probably asked too much for an upgrade or the entire back-end is getting outdated.

…[/QUOTE]

That’s the typical excuse, someone else did it, so what? it’s Philips [S]responsibility [/S] ineptness to fall in its own sword. There is no excuse for outsourcing and not being in control of the it!

That is when bimbos are in the top jobs and it’s not just Philips - Samsung has been bitten by the same bug and they’re paying dearly for their ineptness.

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2784621]That’s the typical excuse, someone else did it, so what? it’s Philips [S]responsibility [/S] ineptness to fall in its own sword. There is no excuse for outsourcing and not being in control of the it!

That is when bimbos are in the top jobs and it’s not just Philips - Samsung has been bitten by the same bug and they’re paying dearly for their ineptness.[/QUOTE]

Hey, i typed i just understand it, not that it’s a good customer strategy.

Plus if they’re replacing it with something that provides similar functionality, if not even more, then that sounds fine to me.

Things don’t last forever these days especially in the world of technology.

[B]Wombler[/B]