Philips CD+RW DVD8631 will play cd\'s but will not burn them HELP PLEASE!

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DVD8631. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a philips CD+RW DVD8631 player I recently restored both drives by deleting corrupt Upperfilters and Lowerfilters registries and both drives now read CD’s but when I attempted to burn a CD using iTunes when I insert the blank CD iTunes says: “You’ve inserted a blank CD or DVD. To burn items on the disc, select the playlist that contains the items you want to burn, and then click Burn Disk in the bottom-right corner of the iTunes window. If you haven’t created the playlist, choose File- New Playlist, then drag items from your library to the playlist.” But when I proceed to a playlist and hit Burn Disk, iTunes says: “Disc recording not found…” I then went to My Computer and clicked on the drive (the E: drive) and it comes up with an error saying “E: is not accesible. Incorrect function.” My computer is a Dimension 8400 with Windows XP professional, and the blank disc is a Memorex 700MB CD-R. What can I do to fix this??