Philips 8631 to 1620 in one flash?

I’ve got a Dell oem Philips 8631 and want to flash this to Benq 1620 F/W. I’ve seen several posts that seem to suggest that the best way is a series of gradual firmware changes to end up with the B7T9 that I’m aiming for.

My questions is :- is it possible to do this in one jump?
I have the windwflash utility and the B7T9 .cvt, is it really as simple as just applying this, or do I have to a do the gradual F/W transition that some people seem to have used?

I flashed the Philips DVDR1640 to the B7T9 str8 without problems.

Sounds promising, but I wonder if there are any significant differences between the 1640 and the 8631, other than retail/OEM.

I’ve flashed two different 8631’s straight to B7T9 F/W using the .cvt files.
No need for the “gradual” approach :wink:

Seems to me, that the only benefits to flashing 8631 to 1620, would be the extended media support (which doesn’t matter to me because I only burn tyg02’s), or the use of the benq qvideo (which I might be interested in), and possibly region free firmware (which a can get soon for the CD21 firmware).
Does that sound about right?

Is the Phillips 8631 the OEM version of the Phillips 1640?
thanks,
coadman

Thanks Sammyk007, that’s just the reply I was hoping for, I’ll fire up Windwflash and do the deed this weekend. Then I can have lots of fun playing with MCSE!

Well, my 8631 flashed to B7T9 with no probs. I’m getting really nice burns with TYG02 at 12x.