Philips 50 pack 16X white hub-print DVD-R (duplication grade) $16.99/shipped

vbimport

These just popped up on my radar at Meritline http://www.meritline.com/philips-16x-dvd-r-media-white-inkjet-printable---p-18404.aspx:). Ordered some out of curiosity. Anyone tried them, know the MID? Noticed they’re MIT. Be glad to see my relatives over in the Nederlands selling something a little better than what I’ve seen recently :o.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2463892] know the MID? [/QUOTE]

They can have several MID’s for them just luck of the draw as to where you live
and how lucky you are as to what you will get I guess.

Here is the MID’s of those discs straight from Videohelp.com
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmediasearch=Philps&dvdmediadvdridsearch=&type=1&size=4.7&dvdburnspeed=16&order=Name&hits=200&search=Search+or+List+Media

CMC MAG. AM3
DAXON016S…
INFOMEDIAR30
MCC 03RG20
RITEKF1…

[QUOTE=getit29;2463908]They can have several MID’s

CMC MAG. AM3
DAXON016S…
INFOMEDIAR30
MCC 03RG20
RITEKF1…[/QUOTE]

All too well aquainted with the Philips “luck of the draw” quality gamble :rolleyes:. Will be interesting to see which of those MID’s they consider to be “duplication grade”. Suspecting MCC’s, but ready to be surprised, hopefully pleasantly :).

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2463998]Thanks :D.
All too well aquainted with the Philips “luck of the draw” quality gamble :rolleyes:. Will be interesting to see which of those MID’s they consider to be “duplication grade”. Suspecting MCC’s, but ready to be surprised, hopefully pleasantly :).[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! lets hope it is a good surprise :iagree: the only MID of the group I would consider to be
duplication grade would be the MCC 03RG20. :bigsmile:

That is why he will surly get RITEKF1…:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=getit29;2464042]LOL!!! lets hope it is a good surprise :iagree: the only MID of the group I would consider to be
duplication grade would be the MCC 03RG20. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2464151]That is why he will surly get RITEKF1…:p[/QUOTE]
Surely my peeps on the other side of the pond wouldn’t do that to me :p. That’s a bold slam on a forum hosted in Amsterdam. Careful who you’re takin a swing at, I have relatives who could take you down at 50 paces with a wooden shoe :bigsmile:.

All the stuff I have sampled is CMC. They must be sandbagging me. :wink:

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2464610]All the stuff I have sampled is CMC. They must be sandbagging me. ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Sam :). Was “duplication grade” CMC anything to write home about?

I always get worried when the words “duplication grade”, “consumer grade” or “retail grade” come into play. That’s factory code for “we can’t get rid of this crap any other way then to come up with more nebular word for grade B” :stuck_out_tongue:
Some can be OK and some can be terrible. Certainly when 3 or 4 production lines get into the mix it’s just going to be a world of hurt. We have sold it but it’s about as cheap as one can get. Customers ask for it and then don’t ask for it again :wink: Of course that is the path that every brand is taking. I really look at over all consistency from batch to batch. If it isn’t than in my eyes it’s crap. Sadly the name Philips has world class brand recognition and people keep falling for it. The really funny part is Philips was fighting with CMC about royalties while CMC made their ‘licensed’ product. That was a gas.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2464631]Thanks, Sam :). Was “duplication grade” CMC anything to write home about?[/QUOTE]