Philips 1640P stops DL burn at 50%

At first it wouldnt burn at all, i upgraded firmware 2.4 to 3.7. It would then burn, but stop at the 2nd layer. Tried 3 different software progs, (nero, alcohol and imgburn) and they all stopped at the 2nd layer.

I tried looking into the supported media list that came with the firmware. I identified my Platinum 8 speed dl dvd +r as being a Ritec S.04. It wasnt on the list, so Im assuming thats what causing the problem.

The questions is, do I have to wait for Philips to upgrade their firmware or is there a way around? (I read ppl used benq firmware to solve some of their problems)

The upside is, I have 5 shiney coasters :slight_smile:

Welcome to cdfreaks. :slight_smile:

I tried looking into the supported media list that came with the firmware. I identified my Platinum 8 speed dl dvd +r as being a [B]Ritec S.04[/B]. It wasnt on the list, so Im assuming thats what causing the problem.

Your drive, (nore its counterpart; BenQ DW1620 with latest firmware) supports this media.

Platinum DVD +DL media…? I think you better give them away, (but not to a friend), because Platinum media in general is pure crap.

If you like to burn some +DL’s, try to find Verbatim MKM-001 and be happy burning them at 2.4x

Sorry if this doesn’t solve your problem. :sad:

I’ll try and pick up some verbatims. I didnt buy them for being 8 speed lol, they were “new”. I figured (wrong) that those would be better than older discs.